weird mustang on raleigh craigslist

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Billy3000

weird mustang on raleigh craigslist

Post by Billy3000 »

LINK

Do you guys think this thing would even be worth buying to part it out for some profit? This looks really weird, and I don't know if I trust that any of it is vintage.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

looks pretty neat, IMO.
I would try dealing it down 50$ and nab it, so long as everything is tight, vintage or otherwise.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

I think I've seen that guitar before in the OSG project forum. I'm about 99% sure. I would check, but can't access the website from work.
Life is "Pointless......but manageable"
rodvonbon

Post by rodvonbon »

On second thought it could have been Reranch, I looked at it just a few days ago, but I can't remember.
Life is "Pointless......but manageable"
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

The decal makes me wonder if it was from a Jag or not. I guess it doesn't matter. The neck alone may fetch a good price. Hard to tell from the rest.
Yell Like Hell
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

rodvonbon wrote:I think I've seen that guitar before in the OSG project forum. I'm about 99% sure. I would check, but can't access the website from work.
That's what I thought about it too....
Pacafeliz

Post by Pacafeliz »

yep it's on OSG. i kinda like it... :oops:

Pat.
my name is Pat.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

I definitely like it. By this fact alone, you probably shouldn't buy it. ;)
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

I hate it.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
cur

Post by cur »

Hey, I live in Cary, but don't need another guitar.... right now. There was a nice 60's mustang at College Music and Pawn by Sadlacks in Raleigh. But he wanted more than I wanted to give.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

cur wrote:Hey, I live in Cary, but don't need another guitar.... right now. There was a nice 60's mustang at College Music and Pawn by Sadlacks in Raleigh. But he wanted more than I wanted to give.
How much he want?
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

cur wrote:Hey, I live in Cary, but don't need another guitar.... right now. There was a nice 60's mustang at College Music and Pawn by Sadlacks in Raleigh. But he wanted more than I wanted to give.
Really?!? I haven't been in there in years! Do they get a lot of good stuff often? How much was he asking for the mustang?

And I actually live in Cary too!
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

Pacafeliz wrote:yep it's on OSG. i kinda like it... :oops:

Pat.
do you have a link to the OSG thread?
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

looks better than a jagstang.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I think I like it. It's like a Jaguar-lite or something.
Pacafeliz

Post by Pacafeliz »

Billy3000 wrote:
Pacafeliz wrote:yep it's on OSG. i kinda like it... :oops:

Pat.
do you have a link to the OSG thread?
here ya go:
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/ind ... 221.0.html

i had just spotted it some days ago....

Pat.
my name is Pat.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Sad...

I don't get my period(correct), so I'm not alowed to view it. Ah well.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
cur

Post by cur »

I am trying to remember the exact price of the mustang at College Music. It was between 800 and 1200 $US. I took pic on my phone but must have deleted it. It seemed, on brief observation, to be in really nice shape. If you want I will check on Monday to see if it is still there and get the 411 and pics. BTW Billy3000 you need to go check out Guru Guitars right next to Cup a Joe's on Hillsborough. Very cool place run by cool guys. Nice old used guitars, and there own custom stuff. I was playing some of the very low watt amps they have in there. Overdrive at radio volumes. They just did a fret level on my short scale strat.

Also free Joan Jett concert Saturday in Raleigh.
cur

Post by cur »

Found the pic

He told me it was a 60 something, but idk. Will go back and double check if you want. I work really close and can walk over lunch. Also School Kids is right next door now.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

cur wrote:I am trying to remember the exact price of the mustang at College Music. It was between 800 and 1200 $US. I took pic on my phone but must have deleted it. It seemed, on brief observation, to be in really nice shape. If you want I will check on Monday to see if it is still there and get the 411 and pics. BTW Billy3000 you need to go check out Guru Guitars right next to Cup a Joe's on Hillsborough. Very cool place run by cool guys. Nice old used guitars, and there own custom stuff. I was playing some of the very low watt amps they have in there. Overdrive at radio volumes. They just did a fret level on my short scale strat.

Also free Joan Jett concert Saturday in Raleigh.
Yea dude, I'm trying to go to the joan jett concert tomorrow night!

And I've defintiely been in Guru guitars! I go to Cup a Joe quite a bit, so I've stopped in guru a couple times, really nice guys, and I played a really cool '73 Tele deluxe in there about a year ago. My friend said that they were trying to start up an instructional class on how to make your own amplifiers, I've been meaning to stop in there and ask them about that.

My band plays at The Brewery all the time, our next show is June 19th. We're a pop punk band, I don't know if you're into that at all, but if you're not doing anything you should come hang out!