Well it finally happened...

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Every few rehearsals brings a new blemish to my guitars for which I have no explanation.
Could be aliens, could be that I'm a drunk.

fucking Aliens, fucking with my shit.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

mickie08 wrote:worrying about nicks on your guitar is like worrying about getting your dick wet during sex. your missing the point of using it.....
i doubt he can relate to that analogy.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

It's like getting a bad cut on your leg. It heals over, and you get to keep the scar for free. The best reason to refinish or spot fix is because you want to learn how to do it. Then it becomes a fun thing. The LAST thing you ever want to do is sand it to wood. If you feel bad now, imagine feeling like you ruined it, then being without it for a few months, then getting back and it just isn't quite the same. This hasn't happened to me, of course, because I only take on guitars in trouble.
Yell Like Hell
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

there was a thing i saw in a stumac news letter where dan erlwine mixed lacquer based dye with corn starch(or maybe it was flower)
but basically died it, filled the area and then put epoxy. or super hardener in the mix and it did a pretty good job.
but a poly jap jag. paint chips are to be expected.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

refin over a chip? dude. that's not very rock 'n roll. nobody likes damage to their guitars, but finish ain't worth getting worked up over.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

dots wrote:refin over a chip? dude. that's not very rock 'n roll. nobody likes damage to their guitars, but finish ain't worth getting worked up over.
Seriously. People pay good coin for pre-roadworn shiz. Chips make mojo.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Ty

Post by Ty »

Here's something that might make you feel better about that little chip in your jag....
This Mustang was sold to me like this, it's a '93, got it in Seattle, so.................
It's filled with wood glue or something.
cur

Post by cur »

But is duct tape real mojo?
Ty

Post by Ty »

cur wrote:But is duct tape real mojo?
duct tape is me being lazy and cheap, as I don't feel like buying real strap locks.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

it really gets on my nerves when I buy a used guitar and all the nicks have been "touched up". gahhh, it looks so much worse than if they just left it (which actually looks cool).
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

mage wrote:it really gets on my nerves when I buy a used guitar and all the nicks have been "touched up". gahhh, it looks so much worse than if they just left it (which actually looks cool).
no shit. i wish the guy who had my mike dirnt bass before me would've just said "ah, let the next guy fix it." now i just have to have my arm hair get stuck in this semi-sticky gluey shit. luckily the neck's fucked up on it.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Being fully awake, I'm over it. Thanks for the comfort and stories dudes.
and thanks for the links Rob(og)
Last edited by Josh on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard

Post by Richard »

mage wrote:it really gets on my nerves when I buy a used guitar and all the nicks have been "touched up". gahhh, it looks so much worse than if they just left it (which actually looks cool).
+1. Someone touched up a bunch of nicks in the finish on my old Hagstrom Swede with what appears to be black nail polish. It's not pretty.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

silly_rabbit_band wrote:
duct tape is me being lazy and cheap, as I don't feel like buying real strap locks.
it's you being TEH KURTDZ

Sort your life out.
the isaac eaton

Post by the isaac eaton »

Mike wrote:
silly_rabbit_band wrote:
it's you being TEH KURTDZ

Sort your life out.
Duct tape on guitars is so bad, what happens when you take that off, then there's a bunch of shit debris on your guitar. Great. just get strap locks, i got mine put on my dano yesterday. Much better then tape. At least do the washer thing, that's a little more permanent though. Moral of this story is, if you have ever perched a pedal, you can afford strap locks. And they are worth a lot more then you pay for them, they can totally save your guitar.
Mike wrote:Welcome to like 2005, you bleeding idiot.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

let's face it, I scratched my guitar is vastly inferior to beer litstz
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

"i scratched my guitar whilst scratching off something on my beer list."
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

laterallateral wrote: I would try National Bohemian based on the design of the logo alone. I wonder if I can find it here...
The natty boh guy is practically the symbol of my city:

Thats on top of a business building, it glows red at night.

It's doubtful you can find Natty Boh anywhere outside of Baltimore. If you're interested I could always post you a sixer.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
cur

Post by cur »

Gently peel label off of cold bottle of PBR on a hot day. Place label over scratch on shiny new jaguar. Drink beer in bottle. Drink the remaining beers in case to drowned you guitar dent sorrow. Become rock star. Problem solved.
Stan Kwervo

Post by Stan Kwervo »

the isaac eaton wrote:And they are worth a lot more then you pay for them, they can totally save your guitar.
Most definitely. When I first got my Les Paul the strap was always falling off. It actually fell to the ground on Christmas Eve '06, next day I got strap locks and I haven't had a problem since. They're only ~15$ and save you tons of grief. Peel off that tape!