DWarfcraft Tube amp.

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

That is beautiful - all that wire bundling is pure class.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

the wiring is not quite as clean as a real hiwatt, but i'm satisfied with it.
vintage hiwatt:
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

that's a thing of beauty, right there.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

indeed!
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
filtercap

Post by filtercap »

Can't see the pix until I get home tonight. :(

Glad some of you are vacationing in the amptons. One of these days I'll build one. Two actually, one being a half-watter, and the other in the 30-40W range. I have the design for the big one right here in my head. But I have some smaller fish to fry first. And monkeys to save up. I mean moneys.

Aen, I've got no doubt you can do the amp, and in the process zero in on parts of the circuitry you want to get freakay with.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

fucking a! great work bubbles. that's amazing. once again i tip my hat to anyone with skills in electronics. i SOOK at it.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

BacchusPaul wrote:
heavium wrote:i don't care, only thing i want to know is are you ready to build a drumcomputer from outer space
Dunno, I think a Dwarfcraft amp would be pretty awesome/terrifying.
It'd be a CLONE is what it'd be. And HVM, I sure wish I could build a bad ass drum machine :oops:
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

aen wrote:
BacchusPaul wrote:
heavium wrote:i don't care, only thing i want to know is are you ready to build a drumcomputer from outer space
It'd be a CLONE is what it'd be. And HVM, I sure wish I could build a bad ass drum machine :oops:
Clone the Sovtek Mig 60. More gain than god.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

mmmmmm, theres an idea.

You have one of those right? I htought the sovtek migs were bassman clones?

*edit*

yowza. Just looked at the schem. Kind of big. But not undoable. Theres symbols I dont recognize, hahaha.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

aen wrote:mmmmmm, theres an idea.

*edit*

yowza. Just looked at the schem. Kind of big. But not undoable. Theres symbols I dont recognize, hahaha.
I've got one. I love it, there's nothing bassman about it though. I think the mig 50 was a bassman clone, the mig 60 is like a JCM 800 on crank that just found you in bed with his girlfriend.

Edit: that reminds me, I need to take pictures of it's guts tonight to post.
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
cur

Post by cur »

anybody deal with these guys?

http://www.guytronix.com/

Been looking at the 1/2 watt kit.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

aen just needs to build a supercomputer and turn richard pryor into a robot and just be done with it.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

endsjustifymeans wrote:
aen wrote:mmmmmm, theres an idea.

*edit*

I've got one. I love it, there's nothing bassman about it though. I think the mig 50 was a bassman clone, the mig 60 is like a JCM 800 on crank that just found you in bed with his girlfriend.

Edit: that reminds me, I need to take pictures of it's guts tonight to post.
do sond smples
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

aen wrote:
BacchusPaul wrote:
So, no knob that causes the amp to suck sound in, rather than chuck it out, creating a antisoundblacknoise sonic vortex?

Come on, please????
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

I'm pretty seriously considering mutating that Mig 60 and manufacturing it. buuuuuuuut we're a ways off. I'd like to have a footswitch for the gain control, so basically you could have two settings and flip between them. One on the amp and one at your feet. PROBABLY THE DIRT. And probbaly fuck the high/low input and maybe have a trim control before the amplification for bringing down loudass pickups??

The only drawback is that it will cost like 5 times what a Mig 60 does. :roll:
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Mike wrote:I think it's doable with some of the kits that give you everything including chassis and instructions. I'm planning to do this one day but I'll be starting small and working up. Probably with something like a Champ first up and maybe topping out at a Fender Deluxe Reverb which is pretty much the only amp apart from the ones I have that I would really like to own.
This. I'd really like an FDR in head form. Maybe only one channel. Now the exchange rate isn't too good it's probably not worth it either.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

timhulio wrote:
Mike wrote:I think it's doable with some of the kits that give you everything including chassis and instructions. I'm planning to do this one day but I'll be starting small and working up. Probably with something like a Champ first up and maybe topping out at a Fender Deluxe Reverb which is pretty much the only amp apart from the ones I have that I would really like to own.
This. I'd really like an FDR in head form. Maybe only one channel. Now the exchange rate isn't too good it's probably not worth it either.
Yeah I would prefer a single channel head version also. I'm sure there's another model which is just that, Fender released LOADS of amps.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fen ... reverb/333

£799 still for the original.

http://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits.htm

Weber does the 6A20 which I believe is a Deluxe Reverb kit, also in Head form, for $465
http://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits_60a.htm#6A20H

Factoring in $100 for shipping?

£343.41.

Plus probably £100+ in customs, and then you have to get Tubes on top...
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

aen wrote:I'm pretty seriously considering mutating that Mig 60 and manufacturing it. buuuuuuuut we're a ways off. I'd like to have a footswitch for the gain control, so basically you could have two settings and flip between them. One on the amp and one at your feet. PROBABLY THE DIRT. And probbaly fuck the high/low input and maybe have a trim control before the amplification for bringing down loudass pickups??

The only drawback is that it will cost like 5 times what a Mig 60 does. :roll:
I like the low gain input, but honestly it's unnecessary. If you want a clean channel you bought the wrong amp. The low gain on a Mig 60 is dirty, just more manageable dirt with a bit of sparkle just under the surface. The true glory of the amp is the unbridled hatred released from the high channel.

Once I get down to brass tacks and take the photos so I can get some help modding it, I'll be able to switch between the two(or blend them) channels with the A/B/Y that mike made me. The Saltboost built into the A/B/Y should really make it a monster. I'll record all manner of setting on it for you and I'll get photos of every bit of the gizzards while I'm in there.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

Mike wrote: and then you have to get Tubes on top...
yeah, his tubes are junk. the 6v6s that came with my 5e3 crapped out after a week or two.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:
Mike wrote: and then you have to get Tubes on top...
yeah, his tubes are junk. the 6v6s that came with my 5e3 crapped out after a week or two.
I would just always prefer to get my own, they're pretty cheap over here and I wouldn;'t trust them to pack everything well enough for them to survive the shipment to England.