Danelectro 56-u2 RI help

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

cur

Danelectro 56-u2 RI help

Post by cur »

My brother just brought me his Danelectro U2 56 RI to install the intonating bridge and give it a set up. Well the strings were off of the guitar and I noticed he was missing three of the tuner bushings. He is in the process of moving, so the probability of actually finding them are very low. Does anyone know where to get the proper sized bushings, or for that matter, what size the bushings are on this guitar.

Thanks
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

I think they're 1/4" inside diameter. Can't recall off-hand.

Try to measure the tuner shaft and the hole in the headstock.
JamesSmann

Post by JamesSmann »

DuoSonicBoy wrote:I think they're 1/4" inside diameter. Can't recall off-hand.

Try to measure the tuner shaft and the hole in the headstock.
and..........going to sig that.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

hehehehehe
cur

Post by cur »

Yea, I wrote that at work and did not have the guitar on me. But thanks. I was able to scavenge some bushing from one of my projects. They were 1/4" od bushings. I put on an intonating bridge, new set of 10's and did a quick setup. Could not believe it, but the bridge was already set to proper intonation right out of the package. Did not have to adjust one saddle.

Since it is a pretty cool guitar I will post some picks. It was hand painted by an artist named Steve Keene. I don't know the whole story, but I guess he does some cover art for the band The Apples in Stereo.

Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

cur wrote:Image
WOULD.
Ty

Post by Ty »

That is awesome, did your brother hand paint it? I'm with Duo here, WOULD 2.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

yeah, thats definitely up my alley. Needs crazy switching options and a matching headstock though. ;)
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
cur

Post by cur »

No my bother did not paint it, the artist was Steve Keene. Kind of funny, he got the 56 U2 first generation RI as a present from his wife almost the exact time I got my 56 U2 pro. We did not know that we each had almost the same guitar. Mine has the black neck and better tuners and higher out put pickups. Also different frets, but both play nice. I played his tonight and the lower output gave a creamier overdrive.

He said I have to give it back.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

cur wrote:Since it is a pretty cool guitar I will post some picks. It was hand painted by an artist named Steve Keene. I don't know the whole story, but I guess he does some cover art for the band The Apples in Stereo.
I like this album....

looks like the same artist