Squier Duo Sonic classic vibe $99

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Some local music store somewhere is selling their last two Squire Classic Vibe Duo-Sonics for $99 just to get rid of them. What does shortscale.org do? Buy 30 of them from musicians friend because they "match any advertised price" Good Times.
I've just read this on Facebook, awesome, makes me proud to be from this forum. 8)
cur

Post by cur »

Just picked one up today at local store for $99. Figured they would either do it or not.....they did. Now I am going to give it to my wife so she can give it to me for Xmas;}

Next to my short scale SX strat.
damienblair17

Post by damienblair17 »

Just called Victor Litz and the first thing the guy said to me was "we don't have any more of the duo sonics".
Doog wrote:The perfect marriage of Teh Kurdtz and Teh Durstz.
RUN AMOK!

KESSEL RUN!
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

i hope he doesn't take them off the add for the weekend.

MF and GC have to be loosing money hand over fist on this shit. hahahah
dots wrote:incesticide
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

robroe wrote:i hope he doesn't take them off the add for the weekend.

MF and GC have to be loosing money hand over fist on this shit. hahahah
According to HC, MF put the kibosh on this. No more $99 duos.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Grant

Post by Grant »

mickie08, pm sent. Hell if you're in Carlsbad I could probably drive and pick it up from you and pay cash.
Sublimedo

Post by Sublimedo »

ok so I went for it last night and ordered it from MF last night. At first they gave some grief over it but over time it got approved and as of now its been SHIPPED! I promised myself no more guitars, but this was an amazing deal. Thanks Ends, you made some corporate dude out there sweat.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Wait a minute, could we set up a shop, buy, say, two of whatever guitar we all want, sell it online for $99, and then all phone Musicians Friend to get them to sell at that price?

I've never much like PRS's, but for sixty quid, I'd probably take one.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

BacchusPaul wrote:Wait a minute, could we set up a shop, buy, say, two of whatever guitar we all want, sell it online for $99, and then all phone Musicians Friend to get them to sell at that price?

I've never much like PRS's, but for sixty quid, I'd probably take one.
in theory. based on how it played out ITT. i was actually pondering this myself.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

i'll take a moog voyager.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

technically they have to verify that the seller is an authorized fender dealer. They only do that if it is an insane deal or the website looks wonky.
They say great minds think alike....Sometimes we do too...
Haze

Post by Haze »

I thought about opening my own pizza place since pizza hut accepted competitors coupons. "free pizza oven with purchase of medium drink"

can't wait for mine!
Markn951

Post by Markn951 »

well guitar center said they couldnt do it because Victor Litz doesnt have them in stock anymore. Ballsack. I'm going back today with the parents to check out their The List sale, I agreed with my parents to buy a Fender Highway One Tele for 400 bucks, plus I have 10% off from King of the Blues... Not a bad deal all in all. Imma try to see how low they can give me that Duo-Sonic for...I still really want a shortscale!

Mickie, how much are you selling them for? Do you think it would be worth buying from you cuz I don't wanna pay 100 dollars in shipping. (I live in CT)
aen wrote:
hotrodperlmutter wrote:being butt fucked by a lion is better than the stock [CIJ Jaguar] bridge pup.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

Markn951 wrote:well guitar center said they couldnt do it because Victor Litz doesnt have them in stock anymore. Ballsack. I'm going back today with the parents to check out their The List sale, I agreed with my parents to buy a Fender Highway One Tele for 400 bucks, plus I have 10% off from King of the Blues... Not a bad deal all in all. Imma try to see how low they can give me that Duo-Sonic for...I still really want a shortscale!

Mickie, how much are you selling them for? Do you think it would be worth buying from you cuz I don't wanna pay 100 dollars in shipping. (I live in CT)
how much am I selling what for? All the duo's are gone.
Markn951

Post by Markn951 »

how much am I selling what for? All the duo's are gone.

didnt you buy like 8??
aen wrote:
hotrodperlmutter wrote:being butt fucked by a lion is better than the stock [CIJ Jaguar] bridge pup.
mickie08

Post by mickie08 »

i bought 10 actually. 8 are already spoken for on here, 1 is for me, and 1 is going to be sold locally for cash.
Markn951

Post by Markn951 »

well, after going to guitar center again today, they didn't have any duo-sonics, couldn't drop the price enough to make it worthwhile, and were out of stock of that Tele...Ended up getting a Jagmaster and a set of Sperzel locking tuners for 250. Love this thing. They only had scumburst and didnt have any other ones on the way but damn it's worth it. This thing is incredible! Can't wait to mess with the electronics!!

aen wrote:
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

mickie08 wrote:i bought 10 actually.
HOLYFUCK
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Sloan wrote:
HOLYFUCK
Can't wait to see the group photo of em.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Noirie. wrote:
Sloan wrote:
HOLYFUCK
Can't wait to see the group photo of em.
FUCK YES DO IT!!!!!!!111