Ibanez ORM1 - Left Handed...

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

The only thing that baffles me about that guitar is why they opted for a single-coil size pickup instead. It would make more sense to me to have there be a humbucker for a wider range of options for swapping it out, but w/e. How does the rails pup sound, Thom?
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

The rails are ok. I'm not a massive rails fan - a bit brittle and cold to my ears.
Am planning on swapping it out at some point - probably for a high output single coil...but yeah, humbucker with push-pull pot for coil split would be nice.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Thus far the only decent single-sized hum that I like at all is the JB Jr, and even that is a bit meh. I actually finally tossed about the idea of routing my Jag to put in a full hum in the bridge because it just doesn't sound as great as it should.

If you want a decent single coil I'd recommend GFS's hum-canceling single coil, it sounds like a high output single but with no hum. I put one in the bridge of my Hagstrom and love it. Just a suggestion.

Do an demo?
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Cool cheers for the suggestion, I might take a look. Am a bit of a Bareknuckle pickup addict though, so likely I will go with one of theirs.
Demo... yeah... would like to say I'll give it a go, but finding the time with the little one in the house will be a struggle!
So don't hold your breath but I will try when I can.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Noirie. wrote:
Reece wrote:
Thom wrote:Fuck neck plate strap buttons.
ugh totally.

the strap button on my old artcore (set neck but it was where the plate would be) caused the strap to come of. it wasf before i had straplocks and the guitar took a dive so the jack smashed into the body leaving a nice big hole.

'bout two weeks after i got it brand new. i was in despair for about a day.
Thats a retarded design seeing as its sorta les paul shaped.
It looks like theres more than enough space for one on the upper bit.
I think that the upper bout, where the pin would go is hollow, so won't hold weight. It balances perfectly and feels great on the strap. I know own Reeces Ibanez. Those fucking straplocks are a bollocks. I usually just cut off the plasticy bit of a strap, and tie a heavy bootlace through it and onto the guitar. It's much better, can't get twisted really, and it can't come off.
STABxYOU

Post by STABxYOU »

If you're talking about the horn on the ORM, it's not hollow, I moved my strap pin there and now it's not headstock heavy at all, before it was SGish.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Nah, I was talking about the Artcore, the guitar being talked about in the posts that I quoted.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

i just stumbled across this pic of omar with his guitar (au natural) with what appears to be a jb in the bridge. cool.

how's yours doing thom?
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Yeah good. I've still got the original pup in it - turns out it's growing on me and does the job just fine.
Still have nothing to complain about - a lot of guitar for the money.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Thats a really sweet guitar, I really like the look of one. I really want a jaguar first though. I know I'm going to end up buying something like this on impulse though :oops: