Hondo LP

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Noirie.
YOUTH

Hondo LP

Post by Noirie. »

LANKAGE

ebay wrote: Good old Hondo Lp copy from the 1970s /80s, dusty and dirty, but all appears strutually sound. The guitar is missing and few nuts and screws and there is some residue where stiockers have been removed from the body. Ideal for spares or repairs. We have no other parts than the ones pictured (please view photos), the electrics are untested.
This could be a fun little project for someone.
I know some people on here have had some experience with Hondos (Mike, James, Kim, Shad, NickS...)

Just putting it out thar...
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
Addam

Post by Addam »

Given that i like shitty '70s stuff, i should love this!

But i have never played a les paul, or any kind of replica, so don't know wether i like them or not?

I have (sadly) bought the remains of a sattelite guitar of this seller.

Will NEVER be a guitar again. I can't find a bridge narrow enough, and the plywood body is delaminating!
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Tread carefully, i've bought from 'catsleep' before. He/She constantly has old cheap copies on ebay and they are never great, im not saying the listings are misleading but they are essentially old budget guitars.
Hondo did make some reasonable quality stuff but these bolt-on LP's are hit and miss.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

That isn't a very good deal. The ones Mike and I had were Hondo II and were better than that one. That one would probably only be worth £80 or so if it were in good playable condition - needing work it's worth fuck all.
Shabba.
Addam

Post by Addam »

Yeah, the sattelite thing that i bought from them was a complete piece of shit!
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

if you plan to make some horrid music anything will do though lol especially if it's cheap, my hondo sg sorta thing is crap (though the neck plays NICE) but sometimes it's just all you need.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

if you want a cheap les paul to screw around with, they can be alright. i'd never spend more than $100 on a bolt neck les paul, though.
NickS

Post by NickS »

Gone for £59, I notice.