My first short scale

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Addam

Post by Addam »

hotrodperlmutter wrote: now we're just talking about 25.5" scale strats? i could've sworn we were talking about the mini-strat that is the topic of this thread?

removing a mid-pup on a standard strat is stupid, great tones to be had. however, when the distance between the three pickups is halved, i say it's time to lose one of them. you wouldn't notice the mid pup being gone on this squashed version.
Hi, I have a squier mini strat neck on a home made body. The distance from neck heel to bridge is the same as a full size strat. It's like a conversion neck, a bit like 25.5" with a capo on the 2nd fret.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

waht? i'm going to go with no.

mini:

standard:

if they're the same size, why do the standard strat pickups look fucking gargantuan?

i gotsa have proof.
Addam

Post by Addam »

Mine is SQUIER, has only 20 frets and it's last fret is very close to the end of the fret board.

That pic has 21 frets and is obviously ALOT tighter than a proper strat.
newplayerkc

Post by newplayerkc »

I am getting on friday so I will check it out and let you know, but I am fairly sure that they are closer togather.