"road worn" Jag on eBay

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Zack

Post by Zack »

Ty wrote:
Will wrote:My God that's poorly done.

It's supposed to be "Authentic," right? That's why it has buckers?
If you think about it, a lot of old Jaguars were routed out for Humbuckers, a lot of the vintage Jag Guards that pop up on eBay have been routed out for humbuckers, so it doesn't seem to far out.
so the dude just built it after seeing way too many "vintage hamburger routed pgs, L@@k" on ebay and figured that the greater ratio meant it was true?

this guitar is gross, totally had a stop bar on it, but if he went through the trouble of painting it then he should have moved the trem back.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

CLASSIC PLAYERRRRRR

Picture this with shitty relic job, controversial colour and fucking stupid iron cross decal.

See the trem placement? see the TOM. This is stock, y'all.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
Zack

Post by Zack »

word, see your point. forgot classic player meant they got trems & toms. Thought it was a hardtail model.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

why did they move the trems closer? for the tom? or just to make it look more cramped?
Haze

Post by Haze »

less ringing behind the bridge
one of my favourite things about jags and JMs
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:why did they move the trems closer? for the tom? or just to make it look more cramped?
Increased break angle = more sustain, less ringing behind the bridge (it's still there, just less) and more solidity for more heavy handed strumming styles.

The CP guitars are great. I own one and an original, they both have their pros and cons.
Ty

Post by Ty »

Goots. wrote:
Ty wrote:
Will wrote:My God that's poorly done.

It's supposed to be "Authentic," right? That's why it has buckers?
If you think about it, a lot of old Jaguars were routed out for Humbuckers, a lot of the vintage Jag Guards that pop up on eBay have been routed out for humbuckers, so it doesn't seem to far out.
so the dude just built it after seeing way too many "vintage hamburger routed pgs, L@@k" on ebay and figured that the greater ratio meant it was true?
Who knows, I am just basing this on what I have seen around, because a lot of old Vintage Single Coil guitars were routed out for Humbuckers, look at all the mustangs, jags and so on that are out there.
rlm2112

Post by rlm2112 »

laterallateral wrote:CLASSIC PLAYERRRRRR

Picture this with shitty relic job, controversial colour and fucking stupid iron cross decal.

See the trem placement? see the TOM. This is stock, y'all.
Just to clarify the things I didn't like about it were the paint job and decal. This one is HOT.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Mike wrote:
hotrodperlmutter wrote:why did they move the trems closer? for the tom? or just to make it look more cramped?
Increased break angle = more sustain, less ringing behind the bridge (it's still there, just less) and more solidity for more heavy handed strumming styles.
aha, that's what i kinda figured.
Mike wrote:The CP guitars are great. I own one and an original, they both have their pros and cons.
i know, i know. i haven't forgotten you have the most banginest guitar on the planet, and i don't.
thedudes

Post by thedudes »

Streuth.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

relicing is fucking stupid. It's like using batteries on pedals.

You wouldn't buy a brand new car, and hit it with a baseball bat. Why "relic" a guitar?
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

amen
plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
matt.dines

Post by matt.dines »

[quote="nwordjim"]relicing is fucking stupid. It's like using batteries on pedals.
quote]
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

matt.dines wrote:
nwordjim wrote:relicing is fucking stupid. It's like using batteries on pedals.
quote]

Fixed.
relicing is fucking stupid. It's like using batteries on pedals.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:
Mike wrote:
aha, that's what i kinda figured.
Mike wrote:The CP guitars are great. I own one and an original, they both have their pros and cons.
i know, i know. i haven't forgotten you have the most banginest guitar on the planet, and i don't.
That's not what I said.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

correct, it's what i said. i may have nightmares about you, but theres always penetration when i dream of your jag.
Skip

Post by Skip »

i have a cp jazzie and it is great- so whatever
I would have given up already if it wasn't for the impending revolution!
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Skip wrote:i have a cp jazzie and it is great- so whatever
Yeah meh too.
It fucking ruelzzs asssssss.

My boy Serfx has got a CP Jag Special. White. Just like the one in that picture I posted. Dude wouldn't trade it for a CIJ Jag with upgrayedd pups, that's how good these are.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total