Behringer Pedals

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

TieDye wrote: I'm glad that Behringer makes these pedals because a lot of brokeass people can afford to get them
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

TieDye wrote:If you love the pedal and it works for you that's great. Everybody has different sound needs, budgets, etc. I'm glad that Behringer makes these pedals because a lot of beginners can afford to get them, and that inspires them to play more, and that's always a good thing. :D
okay, let me say! 1 i can afford how expensive pedals i want.. but its not always so... i tested this cheap pedal in a music shop... tryed some delay effects that was 125€ instead of only 33 € that behringer was. and behringer had better delay than the expensive ones..

and im not a beginner.. i played the guitar for 8 years now...

one thing you should learn, because i had the same opinion as you for 1 year ago...
THE EXPENSIVE ONE ARE NOT ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE CHEAP ONE!!!
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

TieDye wrote:Behringer pedals seem to be very noisy in my opinion. They are cheap and do sound good as far as the effect sounds though. Their durability is very bad though. That's been my experiences with them.
which pedals have you used?
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

weeping_moon wrote:
TieDye wrote:If you love the pedal and it works for you that's great. Everybody has different sound needs, budgets, etc. I'm glad that Behringer makes these pedals because a lot of beginners can afford to get them, and that inspires them to play more, and that's always a good thing. :D
okay, let me say! 1 i can afford how expensive pedals i want.. but its not always so... i tested this cheap pedal in a music shop... tryed some delay effects that was 125€ instead of only 33 € that behringer was. and behringer had better delay than the expensive ones..

and im not a beginner.. i played the guitar for 8 years now...

one thing you should learn, because i had the same opinion as you for 1 year ago...
THE EXPENSIVE ONE ARE NOT ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE CHEAP ONE!!!

+1
loomerz

Post by loomerz »

Anyone got any experience with SM200 slow motion? I can't seem to find a decent enough demo.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

loomerz wrote:Anyone got any experience with SM200 slow motion? I can't seem to find a decent enough demo.
I've got one. It's ok - I used it on one song...does what it says on the box - not exactly versatile. I found one setting that works for me and never changed it. Don't really use it any more but it's cool for those simulated volume swells. For the price can't complain. I used it in a bypass loop as it seemed to suck a bit of top end out of the sound a bit.
loomerz

Post by loomerz »

Cheers, may aswell give it a go for its price, but I guess I'll try not to expect anything special.
willlin

Post by willlin »

James wrote:Some of them are. I think the DD400 is. You have to hold down the part you would normally press to turn it on or off to access the tap tempo bit.
That's it. Apparently a 'hidden' feature. Works well enough most of the time.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

loomerz wrote:Cheers, may aswell give it a go for its price, but I guess I'll try not to expect anything special.
It's cool, but it's just not something I found I could really use much practically in the band. More of a one time type of thing. For messing around at home it's good fun.
Reece

Post by Reece »

loomerz wrote:may aswell give it a go for its price.
this is the good thing about behringer.

if you're not sure you'll need the effect or you just want to mess around with something different, you only have to spend a few quid and it'll at least sound good.

my MXR blue box has worse bypass than my behringer pedals.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

word on the blue box. wonky jacks hello.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Reece wrote:my MXR blue box has worse bypass than my behringer pedals.
The MXR blue box is one of the worst pedals I have ever played! Well least favourite at least. Acquired taste I guess, just not for me!
You use it much Reece?
Reece

Post by Reece »

love the sound. hate the box.

if it was a key component of "my sound" (ugh), i'd be tempted to sell mine and get mike to clone me one if he can.

volume drop, dodgy bypass and that stupid positive tip jack.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

yeah the pedal itself how it's build is full of fail. the volume drop sucks. if it could go really loud it would be so awesome because it sounds great. i think my favourite way of using it was once when i used it on bass with a line selector so i had a parrallel clean signal so it wouldn't sound too muffled.

the sound of the effect itself is really cool though, because it does random things it's not boring. even with a booster, then the booster is on but the difference between other pedals in volume is just really big. so i just use it when i already have tgd and a booster on to add another 'extra' but only use it on its own to have like a more quiet/bassy part for contrast.
LorteMidget

Post by LorteMidget »

I don't really like behringer.. I would rather giving 200$ for a BOSS delay pedal (which i did! :D) and have that pedal for much longer. and I have tried the Behringer delay pedal (or one of them) and didn't really like it..
Screw you guys, I'm going home!
vivadeluxxe

Post by vivadeluxxe »

timhulio wrote:I got the RV-600, which is great. No complaints at all except a tone-suck when trails are turned on. The spring reverb sound in particular is excellent.
I bought benecol's RV 600 last week and was really impressed by the spring setting, so much so I've not really tried out any of it's other sounds yet...
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Reece wrote:love the sound. hate the box.

if it was a key component of "my sound" (ugh), i'd be tempted to sell mine and get mike to clone me one if he can.

http://www.noisefx.com/article/mxr_blue_box_mod

Heard of the C11 mod? You just take out the C11 cap and that gives it more output. It won't fix the other issues though.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

Noirie. wrote:
Reece wrote:love the sound. hate the box.

http://www.noisefx.com/article/mxr_blue_box_mod

Heard of the C11 mod? You just take out the C11 cap and that gives it more output. It won't fix the other issues though.
i did this, there's a difference, but really doesn't solve its volume drop problem
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

I use their tuner pedal because I didn't want to pay three times as much as the boss.

The tuner is REALLY unresponsive on the low E. Then to make it worse, I usually use it on my bass board. A, D, G strings tune okay. Not great but it gets the job done.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Try tuning with a 12th fret harmonic on the E string rather than the open string.