NGD: Taylor Baby

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Stan Kwervo

NGD: Taylor Baby

Post by Stan Kwervo »

Just got a new shortscale, a Taylor Baby!
It's got a 22 3/4 scale, shortest and possibly one of the most comfortable guitars I've played.

Tiny Tuners! They hold tune really well.

It's got an interesting neck attachment I think, both glued and screwed but through the front.

and a pic with the mustang to show how tiny it is

It's a pretty fun guitar and actually has alot of volume and good tone despite its size.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I have a Baby Taylor R (Rosewood) from 2001. I love mine! I dropped a Fishman piezo pickup in it for tuning and amplification. I wish I had the hardcase they used to sell with it. They are awesome guitars and will even open up over time.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Stan Kwervo

Post by Stan Kwervo »

When I was looking at them a while ago I heard that the rosewood ones are actually kinda rare, any truth to that? A hardcase wouldve been cool but they gave me that nifty tan/olive gig bag.
Ankhanu

Re: NGD: Taylor Baby

Post by Ankhanu »

The neck attachment is crazy! Does it interfere with fretting at all? I know it shouldn't, as you shouldn't hit the board anyway, but...

That's a sexy pair you've got goin there too. Great match :)
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Stan Kwervo wrote:When I was looking at them a while ago I heard that the rosewood ones are actually kinda rare, any truth to that? A hardcase wouldve been cool but they gave me that nifty tan/olive gig bag.
The SKB hardcases were for the first year only. SKB still makes them, but they are $90. The second year Taylor did some limited wood runs like bubinga, rosewood, maple, koa, etc. I have a 2001 Baby Rosewood. I picked one up after I saw one on my honeymoon. Very deep booming sound for a little guitar.
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Stan Kwervo

Re: NGD: Taylor Baby

Post by Stan Kwervo »

Ankhanu wrote:The neck attachment is crazy! Does it interfere with fretting at all? I know it shouldn't, as you shouldn't hit the board anyway, but...

That's a sexy pair you've got goin there too. Great match :)
Nope it sounds like there are no screws there at all. Though because it's a "bolt-on" Taylor recommends no strings bigger than 12's which isn't a problem at all.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how my shortscales look and sound.

Woah! I never knew they made them out of woods other than spruce, rosewood, and mahogany.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

that fretboard is huge.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

These bolt-on necks on the Baby Taylors is what lead to the bolt-on neck joints for the acoustic guitars. Very cool.
Skip

Post by Skip »

looks great next to the stang!
you live on a farm?
I would have given up already if it wasn't for the impending revolution!
Stan Kwervo

Post by Stan Kwervo »

Thanks! i didnt think they'd look that good next to each other.

Not a farm, but the edge of the city. Over that levee is the "farmland" though.