Strange web page

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

izodiak

Strange web page

Post by izodiak »

I just wanted to see if this is a total scam or some strange copy guitar sales craze -

this link

probably a scam, the prices are silly and I saw the ad on last.fm.
kim wrote:plankton people will be plankton people
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Looks like theyre copies, but using proper photos as the advertising.

Otherwise its just a scam.
Rox

Post by Rox »

Most certainly copies . Even the location was Beijing . But on a bright side even Rickenfakers can be pretty cool if the don't take themselves too seriously. And this particular one is cheaper than a Dillion or maybe even an Agile . However I don't recall seeing anything on shipping .
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

It states that this is over-production 'many famous manufacturers' etc..
But Rickenbacker is clearly and american company and as I understand all the guitars are made there.
Strange ebay'esque webpage.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

If you take what they say for face value, they are never saying that it is a rickenbacker. They are saying that China is such a good manufacturer for cheap, that many name brands use them to manufacture their guitars and others (countries?) often try to copy them (them being Chinese copies).

It might not surprise me if it was the guitar in the picture....never doubt a counterfeiter will actually go all the way to make their product look authentic whether it's an epiphone, gibson, rickenbacker, whatever. Even those Schaller tuners are probably fake with the schaller S and possibly mispelled "schaller" engraved. Basically a ric version of the serviceman jaguars....

On the other hand it could just be a stock photo of a ric and when you buy it you'll get a no name copy if anything at all.
George

Post by George »

These guys seem legit.

Package size:

30 * 30 * 50 ( cm )
benecol

Post by benecol »

In this situation, I like to get Mike to make a purchase. Just to test the waters, like.
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

30x30x50cm like those mini guitars..
Maybe its a mini ric copy,hah..

"legit"
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

benecol wrote:In this situation, I like to get Mike to make a purchase. Just to test the waters, like.
ooooooooooh, you...
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

all forum members throw together 10$-20$ send them to Mike.. he gets the guitar and it is (or isnt) the colossus of shortscale.. a chinesse copy of a full scale guitar. (possibly a mini colossus)
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

That's not gonna be the guitar you get. It's a bait ans switch. I've bought fake Les Pauls of Trade Tang before, quality good to shit.
izodiak

Post by izodiak »

eh.

they at least say - Gibson etc on the headstock (not that it makes a big difference, but just how far they 'go') ?
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

izodiak wrote:eh.

they at least say - Gibson etc on the headstock (not that it makes a big difference, but just how far they 'go') ?
Well the white custom I got was okay, Had it set up by a luthier, swapped out the pickups, the nut, and the bridge... I ended up giving it to a friend, it was a good guitar.

I bough a standard off them, the neck ended up being all fucked up and it had no truss rod, a total waste of money. They say they are sending me another but I doubt I will ever see it.

You're better off buying a used Gibson SG Special, I got one today for €400.
NickS

Post by NickS »

benecol wrote:In this situation, I like to get Mike to make a purchase. Just to test the waters, like.
owww!
kadium

Post by kadium »

I doubt these are legit because they are so cheap, someone mentioned the bait and switch in this thread already and that seems very possible to me. If you think like I do and they ship these with the popular brand names on the guitars like Gibson and Rickenbacker then you might be able to make a killing by selling them here to some punk kids on craigslist or something but I'm sure that might be illegal...just saying.