pictures of your shortscales

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Agreed! The black on black tang FTMFW!! 8)
MaMo

Post by MaMo »

Tweedledee wrote:I love the black-on-black Mustang with the rosewood fretboard! I had a similar 70s Mustang that I sold a long time ago. Yours is making me really miss it. :D
Fran wrote:Agreed! The black on black tang FTMFW!! Cool
thanks guys, I really wanted a black on black stang for a while so I pieced this one together from a 65 RI Neck and 69RI body. I knew I wanted to have a lipstick in the neck so I was glad to find GFS had black lipstick pickups.
scandoslav wrote:i heard these are wank when it comes to metal
RUN AMOK!.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

classy as hell, matt.
Dougler

Post by Dougler »

I like that it even has a black racing stripe on it. Is that just a sticker/decal or did you paint that on there?
MaMo

Post by MaMo »

Thanks Dots, I try to keep it classy 8)
Dougler wrote:I like that it even has a black racing stripe on it. Is that just a sticker/decal or did you paint that on there?
Hey, somebody did notice! It is one of those decal stripes you can get on ebay. I love comp stangs (especially orange), but I also love the stealth-stang look, so to me I thought the coolest mustang color would be "competition black".

dusty-pic:

how it reflects on stage

If I were to do anything else to it I'd really like to route the body for a toggle switch like on a cyclone I. I have the top switch wired for Neck/both/Bridge and the bottom switch there for vanity so its close to what I want but I'd really like a toggle.
scandoslav wrote:i heard these are wank when it comes to metal
RUN AMOK!.
Dougler

Post by Dougler »

Thats crazy on stage dude, the racing stripe looks almost cream or light yellow in that pic
Tweedledee

Post by Tweedledee »

I didn't even notice the stripes! That makes me want it even more. :D
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Got a cool new app for iphone... great for vintage looking photographs.

Gavin
I Beat BBC News

Post by Gavin »

Hipstamatic? It's cool.
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Gavin wrote:Hipstamatic? It's cool.
That's the one !!
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

First live pics with the '66. It was hot as hell, really fun gig though.

All pictures by Alastair Duncan

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Mike your vintage Jag is soooooo nice.

One day I will own one like yours!
Last edited by Gabriel on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I'm a lucky pup. I do love it very much. It was a complete extravagance but I got some unexpected money from shares from my company and I felt like cheering myself up (I wasn't doing all that well at the time I have to admit) and looking back I don't regret it for a second.
SirAstatine

Post by SirAstatine »

Your band has good taste!

66 jag and a sweet 72 tele :D
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Yup that's Gareth's '72 MIM RI Thinline - it's a pretty great sounding guitar. They sound good together - Gareth uses the neck pickup and I'm a bridge guy mostly so they complement each other well.
SirAstatine

Post by SirAstatine »

Mike wrote:Yup that's Gareth's '72 MIM RI Thinline - it's a pretty great sounding guitar. They sound good together - Gareth uses the neck pickup and I'm a bridge guy mostly so they complement each other well.
Aye, got a MIJ version of that guitar, sounds lovely. Complements my jazzmaster nicely too.
Vis

Post by Vis »

Great shots. Beats me how anyone manages to play with a guitar that low. I'd get horrible cramps if I tried that. But then again I play mostly fingerstyle anyway which kinda puts the dampers on the whole looking like a guitar god thing. :lol:
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

Mike wrote:I'm a lucky pup. I do love it very much. It was a complete extravagance but I got some unexpected money from shares from my company and I felt like cheering myself up (I wasn't doing all that well at the time I have to admit) and looking back I don't regret it for a second.
It might be extravagant, but if you like and actually play it, which you do, you should never feel bad about it. You have always gone out of your way to get rid of your seldom used gear in favor of things you practically use, which is a testatment to your character. Enjoy the jaguar and never feel bad about doing something cool for yourself.
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Vis

Post by Vis »

Its kinda hard to explain but its an English thing I think. We're people who if someone offers us a cookie we act like we're being offered illicit oral sex and say things like "I shouldn't but maybe just this once." We seem to have inherited this silly notion that having anything apart from the basic necessities of life is terribly decadent and sinful. We all know that there's nothing wrong with buying something nice for ourselves with the money that we worked hard for but we have a deep seated cultural need to beat ourselves up about it afterward.