amplitube irig

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Got mine today, it really is a brilliant piece of kit. Ideal for late night practicing. After messing about with the free version a while I purchased the full one and am looking forward to trying out all the amps and pedals.
Peter - IK Multimedia

Post by Peter - IK Multimedia »

Thom wrote:Got mine today, it really is a brilliant piece of kit. Ideal for late night practicing. After messing about with the free version a while I purchased the full one and am looking forward to trying out all the amps and pedals.
Nice! I love tucking the iPhone and iRig in my pocket and walking around jamming. The rest of the family? Well, let's just be nice and say they are not quite as happy as I am with my new-found mobility :)
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

this doesn't have the ability to play a song from itunes at the same time as your playing guitar does it? That would be awesome for practicing, to be able to play along to a track.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I believe it can do that, yah.
Peter - IK Multimedia

endsjustifymeans wrote:this doesn't have the ability to play a song from itunes at the same time as your playing guitar does it? That would be awesome for practicing, to be able to play along to a track.
You have to import songs from your computer. Why? Because the iPod/iTunes app on the devices plays at an alarming 1024 samples while we are VERY much lower than that. So we'd have to match that (since an app absolutely cannot change the way iPod/iTunes runs) and it would be unusable due to the latency introduced.
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Peter - IK Multimedia

and here are the app links and a link to reviews if anybody needs it:

AmpliTube Free: 3 stompboxes, 1 amp+cabinet, 2 microphones
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitub ... 09342?mt=8

AmpliTube LE: 5 stompboxes, 1 amplifier + cabinet, 2 microphones - $2.99/€2.39
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitub ... 07300?mt=8

AmpliTube: 11 stompboxes, 5 amps + cabinets, 2 microphones - $19.99/€15.99
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitub ... 24000?mt=8

And still lots of great reviews coming in: http://bit.ly/irigreviews
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

i'm definitely getting this when i have some spare pocket money. it'll be reet handy for recording.
Peter - IK Multimedia

stewart wrote:i'm definitely getting this when i have some spare pocket money. it'll be reet handy for recording.
And there will be a recording function later too, then you can just export stuff from AmpliTube iRig to your DAW if you want
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
vivadeluxxe

Post by vivadeluxxe »

I think I'm also gonna pick this up after next payday.. mainly just for noodling around while I'm sat in front of the TV, saves me setting up the practise amp and pedals etc....
Peter - IK Multimedia

vivadeluxxe wrote:I think I'm also gonna pick this up after next payday.. mainly just for noodling around while I'm sat in front of the TV, saves me setting up the practise amp and pedals etc....
Exactly what I love it for, but I'll also be experimenting with getting a dry signal and also recording it direct for at least scratch ideas (I do a lot of my film/soundtrack/soundscape rough work on the laptop then produce it on the main studio setup) too.

For some nice tones, check out Jon Herington (Steely Dan's guitarist for a while now) playing some of their classics. Even I was surprised at the tones he got for those songs!
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Still waiting for mine :( I went in to check on it last week, it hadn't even shipped. I continue to wait.
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Peter - IK Multimedia

Ankhanu wrote:Still waiting for mine :( I went in to check on it last week, it hadn't even shipped. I continue to wait.
If you ordered from us did you use the contact page to check on it, since we do have them and have been shipping steadily so if you ordered from us it should have been out the door.
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:Still waiting for mine :( I went in to check on it last week, it hadn't even shipped. I continue to wait.
If you ordered from us did you use the contact page to check on it, since we do have them and have been shipping steadily so if you ordered from us it should have been out the door.
No, I ordered it through Long & McQuade in Canada... doubt the problem is on your end :)
ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Ankhanu wrote:
No, I ordered it through Long & McQuade in Canada... doubt the problem is on your end :)

Sounds like you ordered some XL Condoms.
Peter - IK Multimedia

...not going to touch that one ;)

The iPad native version of AmpliTube is in the App Store now too for those with iPad. Here's a cool "picture-in-picture" video that creates a looped-style piece, done with AmpliTube iRig (on iPhone):

Also, check out Dave Matthews Band bassist Stefan Lessard showing off iRig (getting some convincing DMB tones out of iRig) and also showing off his live rig using Mac Minis and AmpliTube/Ampeg SVX! http://bit.ly/ny1pre
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Peter - IK Multimedia

Nice demo with the guitars done in AmpliTube iRig: http://bit.ly/steeleirig
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Peter - IK Multimedia

1.0.1 AmpliTube For iPhone update is available
- general reliability improvements
- improved usability with cycling gear selection
- iPhone 4 compatible
Also, please update and update reviews/ratings (or review/rate if you have not already done so: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitub ... 24000?mt=8
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I noticed my free app was pretty quiet on my iPhone 4. Is this a known issue?

Maybe it's just that my Duo-Sonic has low output pickups?

I'll pony up for the full version in the next few days.
Peter - IK Multimedia

Mike wrote:I noticed my free app was pretty quiet on my iPhone 4. Is this a known issue?

Maybe it's just that my Duo-Sonic has low output pickups?

I'll pony up for the full version in the next few days.
The iPhone 4-based (well, mostly) update 1.0.1 will be available for the Free version soon too. Make sure volume limit is off (it now applies to ALL apps instead of just iPod/iTunes) and you use the hardware buttons on the side AFTER plugging in and recognizing iRig too.
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia
Peter - IK Multimedia

The update is available for Free and LE versions now too. Go to the App Store and update. Please update reviews/ratings too if you would. Thank you!
Peter Toriello
Community Support
IK Multimedia