Programmed Drums Question

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

mezzio13
GOODmin

Programmed Drums Question

Post by mezzio13 »

I've been using Fruity Loops Free Version to record drum parts as of late. However, instead of programming the whole song, I've been writing segments and arranging them in Reaper. This mainly gets me around the no-save feature of the free fruity loops demo version. I export the measures to MP3, and insert them as needed. Anyone see a problem with this? I haven't realized any performance problems or such, but I figured I'd ask.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I used to do that, but I wasn't patient enough to ever get very good results.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

dude, you can use REAPER's midi shit to do ur drumz and shit.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

I've been trying to figure that stuff out in reaper. can it trigger samples with MIDI? also, can it read midi, send it out to a synthesizer and then record it at the same time?

I want to program a song so I can just hit play and the drums, bass, pads and arp all just go automatically so I just have to record guitar and vox.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

It takes time.

You need:
SAMPLER (ShortCircuit)
SAMPLES (Google)
PATIENCE

ReaSamplomatic5000 is a sampler, but can only play one sample at a time, so you can't have realistic multi-velocity drums.

Check the cockos.com forums for more info, there's tons of shit, i'm actually at a pal's house downloading GIGABYTES of samples right now.
I actually made some cymbal and hihat samples today, it's bullshit and i hate it but i didn't have much else to do.
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Shit, don't know how I missed this.

I have the older version of Reaper. I am going to upgrade this fall and try that shit out. I have too much done to start over on this current project.