Thoughts on the Stratocaster

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

sonicboom

Post by sonicboom »

Yes. I have a white strat that I kind of keep coming back to. I think maybe it lacks the character of my other guitars (Jazzy, Tele, Gretsch G5120, LP Junior) but it plays lovely - the neck is delicious - it keeps tune beautifully, you get the strat sounds just fine, it doesn't weigh very much, and I think it looks good.

I bought a nice clean sunburst '65 for £175 in 1979 and sold it on for £250 four years later. Seemed like a good enough deal at the time...
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

sonicboom wrote:I bought a nice clean sunburst '65 for £175 in 1979 and sold it on for £250 four years later. Seemed like a good enough deal at the time...
*arsecake*
foofoo982

Post by foofoo982 »

sonicboom wrote:
I bought a nice clean sunburst '65 for £175 in 1979 and sold it on for £250 four years later. Seemed like a good enough deal at the time...
That'd be painful to think back to. That sort is why I'm afraid to sell any gear I have right now.
sonicboom

Post by sonicboom »

Harumph, yeah...I guess it doesn't pay to think about these things. I saw one go for £16K a couple years back.
Boab

Post by Boab »

sonicboom wrote:I bought a nice clean sunburst '65 for £175 in 1979 and sold it on for £250 four years later. Seemed like a good enough deal at the time...
The only consolidation is how much more cash was worth back in the day.
PLEASE!!!... Tell Me About the Fuckin' Golf Shoes!
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

I love my Strat, even though it's and HSS. It's a great versitle guitar, looks beautiful, and in all is wonderful to play. I have liked Strats since the first one I've played, although the Duo Sonic body is my favorite of all.

Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

mezzio13 wrote:Image
What'ts the deal with the Charvel? Original Floyd, Dimarzio bucker..?
mezzio13
GOODmin

Post by mezzio13 »

Charvel is in pieces. In that pic, it has a Khaler synchronized locking trem (not very good) and a DiMarzio Tone Zone wired to a push/pull for volume and direct to jack. The frets are shot from 17 years of daily play, and the back of the neck has thumb wear so bad you can see the contour it's made.

I want to do one of two things:

ebony fretboard w/ no markers, black tone zone and black poly for the neck

or

put it all back to original and not play it any more

It's my old workhorse so I'm just not sure what I want for it's future. It's in my will to be creamated with me.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

mezzio13 wrote:Charvel is in pieces. In that pic, it has a Khaler synchronized locking trem (not very good) and a DiMarzio Tone Zone wired to a push/pull for volume and direct to jack. The frets are shot from 17 years of daily play, and the back of the neck has thumb wear so bad you can see the contour it's made.

I want to do one of two things:

ebony fretboard w/ no markers, black tone zone and black poly for the neck

or

put it all back to original and not play it any more

It's my old workhorse so I'm just not sure what I want for it's future. It's in my will to be creamated with me.
8)
I think i'd be tempted to go the original route, its served you well mate... just use it at home now and then.
Now im on the other pc i can see its a Kahler.