Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

nomorebridge

What's my amp worth?

Post by nomorebridge »

it's a Fender Super-Sonic 112 60w combo

never gigged, only light use in house paid £1000

got in 2006

I can't seem to find any used ones for sale anywhere and don't know what a fair price would be.

Also if you ask a shop to take it off your hands what kind of deals do they give on second hand gear or even P/X-ing it for something else in store?

Sorry for the random post just wanted a random idea

Cheers all
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

How much did you pay for it? Typically it will be worth about 60% of whatever it cost new
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Ebay is generally a fairly good indicator; a beige one went for £520 a few weeks ago, although that was pick-up only which keeps the amount of potential buyers and therefore the price down.

Realistically, maybe £600, £650 on a gooood day. So yeah, 60ish % :)

Unless you're desperate to get rid of it and really want something from a particular shop, I wouldn't recommend part-ex.
nomorebridge

Post by nomorebridge »

Cheers all guess I'm looking at around £600 on a good day that's not too bad :( :o :D
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

I saw one of these on Gumtree a while back that the guy wanted £600 for. I offered the Blues Jr I had at the time + £300 and he said he would only do the Blues Jr + £400. I told him where to go and a couple of weeks later he came crying back saying he would accept my offer, however by that time i'd sold the Blues Jr so he missed out. I saw him advertising it on Gumtree regularly for a couple of months after with ever decreasing prices, I think it went down to £500 and maybe even lower.

Actually, ignore what I said - I just realised it was a Prosonic not a Super-Sonic.