Getting Sounds Off Zoom H2?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Getting Sounds Off Zoom H2?

Post by Freddy V-C »

I borrowed a Zoom H2 dictaphone from the radio station to interview The King Blues at Leeds Fest this weekend. I'd never used one before but I found it incredibly easy to record with, I just can't seem to figure out how to get the recordings onto my computer to edit them! There's a USB cable but I can't seem to get my laptop to recognise that something's plugged in. Halp?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

dyou have a card reader? if so just pop the memory card in and bob's your father's brother.

failing that try downloading the latest driver for it then using the USB cable... it should see it eventually, might take a minute or so.

last resort, take a headphone out into audacity or something and record it from the H2 into your computer.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

A-hah, the memory card! I'd never even realised my laptop had a slot for SD cards before. Thanks Stewart.
THEGREATJONZINI

Post by THEGREATJONZINI »

i have an H2 zoom and they are great! always use the sd card to transfer audio off the device. reason being the usb is actually USB1 not usb2. This means its super slow at transferring the audio data to computers.

just a tip :-)
Reece

Post by Reece »

THEGREATJONZINI wrote:i have an H2 zoom and they are great! always use the sd card to transfer audio off the device. reason being the usb is actually USB1 not usb2. This means its super slow at transferring the audio data to computers.

just a tip :-)
The specs say USB 2, maybe yours is a problem not relating to the H2.

Plus the whole thing about it working as a USB mic wouldn't do too well over USB 1.1.
THEGREATJONZINI

the specs do say usb2, but trust me the difference in transfer rates between getting data off the device via the supplied cable or using a card reader are immense!

its a popular problem/niggle with the device.

maybe its a really slow usb2 controller on the device......... i cannot explain.

plus i here its better to use the line out from the mic > computer rather than the usb > computer.

hope this helps in way. :)
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Hahaha, you've got my friend Kate in your top 8 Myspace friends, Jonzini. And her old band.

Odd.
sunshiner wrote: You don't understand my kindness, drown in shit
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

and he's wearing your clothes!!
THEGREATJONZINI

smalll world! dyer know why she left?