boss dd-3 and behringer copy

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

boss dd-3 and behringer copy

Post by Hurb »

Does the boss dd3 hold mode allow you to mess with the sample in hold mode? as in move the delay time to make it sound all cool? and if so does the behringer copy? I have had one but I totally cant remember ?

stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

you can fiddle with the delay time on the dd-3, dunno about the behringer, but i'd expect it's the same(?).
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

in hold mode? anyone care to do an demo of pwease
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

I've had 2 DD3's in the past and all I could get the hold mode to do on both was repeat one single note, it was difficult to work and not very useful. Not sure if you can work the knobs to change the sound though as I never tried.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

The hold function isn't great on the DD3. It's difficult to measure how long you're recording for and you have to keep your foot down on the pedal for as long as you want it to loop. But if you do manage to record the right length of time AND not have the loop stop due to your foot moving up slightly, you can adjust the pitch with the delay time knob.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

thanks guys.

looking at that behringer copy it isn't really a copy at all with different delay times etc but does it do this hold delay time messing. the dd600 certainly doesn't.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I dont remember my DD-3 having a hold mode, is this a feature they have added in recent years?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Fran wrote:I dont remember my DD-3 having a hold mode, is this a feature they have added in recent years?
i bought mine in 1997 and it has it.
benecol

Post by benecol »

1997 is recent if you're Fran.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

i've got a dd100, hurb. i'll check it out and let you know, but i don't think you can alter the hold.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

benecol wrote:1997 is recent if you're Fran.
:x

When i think back to the studio recording with Poem Rocket yes your right, it did have the Hold function. Jesus, another innocent facepalm moment from my brain... looks like the years of abuse is catching up with me *arsecake*
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:i've got a dd100, hurb. i'll check it out and let you know, but i don't think you can alter the hold.
cheers hin.

Is it just the dd3 that you can alter the pitch of the loop in hold mode, anyone?
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

t'other guitarist in my band uses a DD7, I'll ask him if it does the pitch changey thing in the hold mode (although he's in hospital at the moment so that may be a while). If it does I'd say get that instead of the DD3, judging from when I've used his the hold mode is much more usable.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

cheers
ohyeahfuzzbear

Post by ohyeahfuzzbear »

The dd-6 has a 'warp mode' which you hold down and it acts pretty much like hold mode and aslong as you keep it held down you can fiddle with the delay time as much as you want.
Doog wrote:"And every day after high school, the young Kurt would sit down with his soldering iron and oscilloscope, to work on what come to be known as the Boss DS-1, the world's first guitar distortion pedal."
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

For the record, the Hold function on the DD-6 is brilliant for glitchiness without having to use the dials:

[youtube][/youtube]

The standard delay he's also using here is from another pedal, though.
DanHeron

Post by DanHeron »

I have a DD100. I was messing with it earlier... You can't do any of the cool pitch changes with the knobs whilst its in hold mode. :(

Also its REALLY hard to accurately stop/start the hold time (it only does it for about 2 seconds max anyway). I was trying to loop just a couple of notes and it was so hard to get it nice and evenly looped (if that makes sense?).