Devi Ever Love?

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

willlin

Devi Ever Love?

Post by willlin »

Just ordered myself a Devi Ever GZ and a Torn's Peaker from tonefactor.com. Am excite.

I had been meaning to get me some Devi Ever for a while now, but Vintage and Rare Guitars in Denmark street appears to be one of the few stockists in the UK, and they're certainly not cheap.

Tonefactor has a black friday sale on 'til tomorrow if anyone's interested (code: Black15), so I didn't pay international shipping and got $15 off too.

So is there Devi Ever love here?
wwrrss
COCKDESTROYER

Post by wwrrss »

I've only ever seen someone using one once, and he was just using the feedback loop out as a momentary on/off for his guitar.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

I have serious love for the Torn's Peaker, want one really bad. I've also got a boner for the Hyperion. Wish there was a dual unit box actually, sort of like a shoe gazer but with the Hyperion instead of the sodameiser.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
ohyeahfuzzbear

Post by ohyeahfuzzbear »

I have a U.S. Fuzz.

I have never used for anything band related but I love it all the same.
Doog wrote:"And every day after high school, the young Kurt would sit down with his soldering iron and oscilloscope, to work on what come to be known as the Boss DS-1, the world's first guitar distortion pedal."
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I really want a shoegaze but its not cheap :(
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

I had a Feedback Loop pedal back when it was 'Effector 13'.
willlin

Post by willlin »

mrperson wrote:I really want a shoegaze but its not cheap :(
I think with the offer code on Tonefactor, the Shoegazer and delivery works out at £118, which is pretty good considering Vintage and Rare were charging £175. I'll shut up now before I start sounding like an advert...
benecol

Post by benecol »

... plus 22% import tax, and £10 benecol comedy tax.
willlin

Post by willlin »

benecol wrote:... plus 22% import tax, and £10 benecol comedy tax.
I was under the impression that Customs Dut only applied to imports with a total value over £135? From my past experience of getting stuff shipped over from the States it all seems a bit fly by wire how they work out whether you need to pay import tax or not.

Oh well, we'll see how this one works out. If I'm going to be vigorously shafted by HM Revenue and Customs then so be it...
benecol

Post by benecol »

Don't think there's a lower limit: if there is, it's lower than £26. Sorry my old love.
willlin

Post by willlin »

benecol wrote:Don't think there's a lower limit: if there is, it's lower than £26. Sorry my old love.
Meh. Fuck it.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

willlin wrote:
mrperson wrote:I really want a shoegaze but its not cheap :(
I think with the offer code on Tonefactor, the Shoegazer and delivery works out at £118, which is pretty good considering Vintage and Rare were charging £175. I'll shut up now before I start sounding like an advert...
Its also xmas therefore my wages are going on buying people gifts :(

I don't think it would go down too well if I bought someone this pedal with the hope they'd give it back to me :lol:
wwrrss
COCKDESTROYER

Post by wwrrss »

I got shafted when I got my OhNoHo Utter Stutter, and that was £102.50
light rail coyote

Post by light rail coyote »

Devi stuff is cool. I worked for her for a short time and got to play a bunch of her stuff.

She only has a hand full of circuits though, so her double pedals are just that, two of her circuits in one box with a new name. So research up whats in them boxes. I think she actually says what all her double pedals are made of. Like the shoegazer is something like a torn's peaker and a 33 or something. I have a hyperion on my board and I love it to death. I had a shoegazer too, but I dig the hyperion more. Its like a more focused and crazy big muff with more of a gated effect and responds to the volume knob AMAZINGLY. Thats one thing with devi pedals, get good at working that volume knob to get the best sound.

Oh and the joystick stuff is butloads of fun, though thats Dwarfcraft now.

She was a really cool person to get to know too, so buy some of her shit.
Fuzz monkeys are generally fed the most bananas
NickS

Post by NickS »

Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs wrote:Q: I have been charged VAT and duty for goods bought over the Internet, why is this?
A; All goods imported into the UK from countries outside the European Union are subject to Import Duty and VAT at the rates applicable. However, import VAT is not payable on commercial consignments if the total value of the goods in the consignment does not exceed £18. This limit is raised to £40 for personal gifts between private individuals. If this tax was not applied, there would clearly be an unfair advantage to foreign businesses over UK trade.

Where the value of gifts is below £290 per consignment, a flat rate of duty of 2.5 per cent will be applied - but only if it is to your advantage.

With effect from 1 December 2008, customs duty will not be applied on goods with a value less than £105.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

willlin wrote:
benecol wrote:... plus 22% import tax, and £10 benecol comedy tax.
I was under the impression that Customs Dut only applied to imports with a total value over £135? From my past experience of getting stuff shipped over from the States it all seems a bit fly by wire how they work out whether you need to pay import tax or not.

Oh well, we'll see how this one works out. If I'm going to be vigorously shafted by HM Revenue and Customs then so be it...
Errr ... no. I think the lower limit is something like £18 for goods or £36 for anything marked as a gift. I think you're going to get screwed here. Also don't forget the Royal Mail 'admin fee' which is either £8 or £13 and you have to pay VAT on the postage cost too. If the seller puts the full cost of the pedal on the customs form (as opposed to the discounted price) that'll affect what you pay too. Let's hope it arrives before the VAT increase on the 4th Jan.

I just bought a True Bypass Looper kit from GGG (cost £26) and a bill from the Royal Mail arrived asking for £11.31 for customs charges, I was not amused - I could have got Mike to build me one for less.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

I need to learn to read all posts before responding, i've just seen that NickS has answered this.
willlin

Post by willlin »

Oh well, lessons learned and all that.

Hopefully I'll get over it when the buggers actually arrive and I can make some noise. Or something like that...
NickS

Post by NickS »

But I didn't cover the brokerage charge. :)
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

There was a time a couple of years ago when the pound to dollar was 2:1, I bought a load of stuff from the US for cheaps and it seemed that as long as it was shipped USPS it would avoid being picked up by customs. But now due to the recession it looks like they're stopping everything.