Interface advice (Tascam US 144 mkII?)

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

Kurbis

Interface advice (Tascam US 144 mkII?)

Post by Kurbis »

I think this is the right place for this.

I'm looking for a good interface. Right now I have the Tascam US-144 mkII in mind but are there any suggestions for something better? Does anyone have experience with Tascam interfaces?

Thanks.
Last edited by Kurbis on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Al_

Post by Al_ »

What are your requirements? How many ins/outs? How do you want to connect to your comp? Need any preamps? Budget?
Kurbis

Post by Kurbis »

Al_ wrote:What are your requirements? How many ins/outs? How do you want to connect to your comp? Need any preamps? Budget?
Really just XLR and quarter inch jacks are needed. MIDI would be nice but most MIDI controllers nowadays can be used with just USB. RCA inputs might come in handy too.

I think just two ins and outs would be good for starting, probably connecting with USB. I don't really know much about interfaces and most of the ones I see are USB. I may need a pre amp but some interfaces have them built in. I don't really have too big of a budget but I'll pay something reasonable for value.

Also I meant to link to this http://tascam.com/product/us-144mkii/specifications/