New Squiers / Colours

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

George

Post by George »

YES!

They've got the 50's Strat in red! Now I just have to wait for one to hit ebay secondhand. Still might get the white/gold one though.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

benecol wrote:I wish they'd hurry up and make the 60's CV tele in any other colour except sunburst (even CAR would do) so I can buy one.
This, but the Stratocasters in a nicer colour would be nice. I get close to buying one in a CAR and then think "WHAT ARE YOU DOING MIKE?"
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

GeorgeF wrote:Now I just have to wait for one to hit ebay secondhand
I've been watching for one for a while (any CV Strat really) - they come up rarely (probably a good sign) and generally command quite a high value on resale since there's lots of people like you and me apparently, I've seen them go for like £180-£200
George

Post by George »

*ahem* well for those of us with a sunburst CVC Tele we have to cast our net a little wider if we don't want to look like "the sunburst guy".

EDIT: (this is a reply to your first post :lol: )

Yeah, I've not been proactively looking recently since I got ends old Fender Lead clone. I'd be happy to pay £180 seeing as they're better than MIM's I've played.

I'm definitely for a 50s which has a slightly fuller neck - I'd be happy with white and gold, seeing as I have a sunburst already. The red might have just trumped it though.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

I must admit, I think the binding makes the sunburst look OK, hactually. Really tempted to grab one to stick this baritone neck on, but skint beyond my wildest dreams at the moment. PLus I know that the instant I sprang for one, they'd release them in black or shell pink with binding. And a reversed control plate.
George

Post by George »

You'd also be paying a lot for something which is essentially worth it because of the neck. Good resale value on that though, no doubt.
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

While I agree that the neck is the bit you play, was impressed with the overall fit-out and, importantly, the sound of the one I played.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

good because this could be the ugliest bass i have ever seen. giant ugly humbucker, an esquier pickguard with no holes in it, and its fucking scumbag silver

dots wrote:incesticide
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

That's such a great looking bass. I wish it had a jazz pickup in the neck to give it some tonal diversity as well as a reason for all them knorbs.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
sholkham

Post by sholkham »

a picture of what I think is the Freeman bass in white

honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

Yeah, I don't know what you talking about because that bass is hot, and the price is right at $199.

I hate having two pickups in a bass. A single hot pickup is all I need.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.
ohyeahfuzzbear

Post by ohyeahfuzzbear »

The Freeman bass is so nice.
Doog wrote:"And every day after high school, the young Kurt would sit down with his soldering iron and oscilloscope, to work on what come to be known as the Boss DS-1, the world's first guitar distortion pedal."
Supersonicman

Post by Supersonicman »

Disappointed that the only instrument with a rosewood fingerboard that got an update was a Jaguar Bass that just got a headstock fill in. Where is the Sonic Blue for the CVC or the CV60's strat?
Also, what is the "Sunburst" guy?
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

Ankhanu wrote:
Stan Kwervo wrote:After some research I've found out whats so special about that jag bass. you'll never guess but its actually shortscale!! All other Squier jags have been 34'', check the 30''!
Well, well, well!
MOTHERFUCKER.

Actually, nonsense. I have a shortscale bass. I need a long-ass bass.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:That's such a great looking bass. I wish it had a jazz pickup in the neck to give it some tonal diversity as well as a reason for all them knorbs.
It has all those knobs because it's got an active 3 band eq just like stingrays. But I do agree that a jazz pickup in the neck would be awesome on that bass. Or possibly even a second humbucker in the neck position so it could get the Stingray HH tones.
Boab

Post by Boab »

sholkham wrote:a picture of what I think is the Freeman bass in white

Very nice too. The P-basses are the nicest out of this new batch, in my opinion.
PLEASE!!!... Tell Me About the Fuckin' Golf Shoes!
drBenway

Post by drBenway »

That Jaguar bass being 30" made my day. It seems so odd to model a full scale bass of a guitar that's shortscale. I would probably throw on a musicmaster bridge though.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

robroe wrote:good because this could be the ugliest bass i have ever seen. giant ugly humbucker, an esquier pickguard with no holes in it, and its fucking scumbag silver

Why the fuck did they announce these with the last run of new squiers that are all already out, and it appears that these aren't available until july?!?

I'm actually excited to hear how these things will sound. At only $200 brand new the price is definitely right, and I would consider picking one up if I started to miss my Stingray tones.
drBenway

Post by drBenway »

AaronGuitarDude

Post by AaronGuitarDude »

wow. BSB 50's tele is official! it's on the squier website! cool!
Squier