Recording package for PC?

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

johnnyseven

Recording package for PC?

Post by johnnyseven »

I'm going to be buying a new laptop later this year as my current PC is ancient - my ipod has double the hard disc capacity of my PC. I want to buy a recording package for my laptop to allow me to record songs or whatever on it. Just wondered what the best packages out there are and what I would need in order to record guitar/bass tracks onto it. I know nothing about this sort of thing so any help would be appreciated.
Johno

Post by Johno »

Line 6 UX2 is a great place to start, cheap & comes with everything you need. Software includes Ableton, Pod Farm, Riffworks & Reason.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

Thanks Johno. Does it come with the recording software? I looked at the Line 6 website and it looks like it'd have to buy that seperately - if so any suggestions on a good package, something easy to use for basic recording? I'm not very technically minded.
johnnyseven

Post by johnnyseven »

Ignore what I said above, I re-read the info on the website. It looks like just the thing I need.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

I like Reaper a lot. It has a free evaluation period, then after that you can pay a small fee (like $30 or so) and have a paid copy. Or you can indefinitely run a trial.
Shabba.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Hardware, whatever. Software, REAPER.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Dodgy copy of Acid? It's the only thing I know my way around which is why I use it. Think i looked at reaper years ago but got confused - will have to check out latest versions. What's it got going for it?
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

yeah, I don't think reaper is that good actually. it's not very intuitive and some operations can be just plain awkward. I like cubase. cubase essential is only $150 and has probably more functionality than any similarly priced DAW.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

REAPER is amazing. don't be pussies.

reaper+ninjam = jam with anyone anywhere!
[youtube][/youtube]