YOU TUBE CHANNEL ON BUILDING AND PAINTING GUITARS

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

desertan

YOU TUBE CHANNEL ON BUILDING AND PAINTING GUITARS

Post by desertan »

I've uploaded my first video in a series, showing topics on guitar building and painting. The production values aren't Spielberg, but the information's there, and you can even hear me over the spray booth fan!

This first one covers a lot of basic ground, and ends up with me applying an amber tint to an acoustic body, prior to painting it in a five-color burst. The burst and clearcoat videos are already in the can, and will be posted one at a time.

We'll also talk about materials, spray guns and compressors, and lots of tricks of the trade. I'll be doing some special offsets and short scales, too.

Please subscribe:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrStudioCalifornia
cur

Post by cur »

Great job. Great content.

"The aim is, you want to control the gun, you don't want the gun to control you."

SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

fo ar 113 views and 34 subscribers . . .

those are pretty good numbers.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
desertan

Post by desertan »

We're up to 2K views and 104 subscribers. New vids going up this week on buffing and assembly.

Then the paint chemistry and process vids begin.

Hope these help the rattlecan guys to consider using semi-pro equipment--besides giving pro results, it's better for the environment.