mp3/recorder device

Guitar techniques, music theory, recording and anything to do with actually playing your guitar

Moderated By: mods

sp3k

mp3/recorder device

Post by sp3k »

Is there a cheap mp3 player that has a line in so i can connect it to the sound mixer? this way i wouldn't need to take my laptop to the rehearsal room every time i want to record an idea for a song, and i also need a new mp3 player....
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Well it's not cheap but an iPod Classic will do that through the headphone jack with the Voice Memo function (intended for use with a headset/computer mic). I run a lot of rough mixes from my portastudio into it, and do DI guitar riff/song idea demos too.
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

paul_ wrote:Well it's not cheap but an iPod Classic will do that through the headphone jack with the Voice Memo function (intended for use with a headset/computer mic). I run a lot of rough mixes from my portastudio into it, and do DI guitar riff/song idea demos too.
Hmm, would this work coming straight out of a mixer as a means of getting a rough recording of live shows?
paul_

Post by paul_ »

BacchusPaul wrote:
paul_ wrote:Well it's not cheap but an iPod Classic will do that through the headphone jack with the Voice Memo function (intended for use with a headset/computer mic). I run a lot of rough mixes from my portastudio into it, and do DI guitar riff/song idea demos too.
Hmm, would this work coming straight out of a mixer as a means of getting a rough recording of live shows?
Unfortunately no, it can't handle proper line-in. I use the headphone jacks and a weird cable (inline controls, probably had a mic attachment) to make the voice memo thing actually show up.

I actually probably should take back the recommendation of this method in the thread altogether, I just messed with it and it doesn't work the way he wants it to. Sorry!
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
George

Post by George »

I think people round here often tote the ability of the Zoom H2. Maybe not "cheap" but it looks like some kind of goddamn masterpiece of a recorder...

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
sp3k

Post by sp3k »

The zoom thing is way to expensive. I just want something that i can plug to mix board, i don't mics. It just needs a line in and to record at a decent quality.
I've used a mini disk player, but it sucks to have to send the recording in real time to the pc....