Subway Jag-stang

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Dougler

Post by Dougler »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:why does that look like a strat neck with a 60's strat headstock and a bullet truss rod?

what are the specs on this guitar? i love the color.

EDIT: it's called the Fat Dawg's Custom Stangulator
Hey Hotrod, it does have a smaller head stock but it is still a short scale, I actually put a 73 A Width Bronco neck on it and its been my main guitar ever sense.

Here are some more pic's of it

And with every thing every one's saying about Subway it is pretty true, it was really hard working with him on this one and the shop is really small. But it came out great and I love it.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

I really like it. I didn't know you posted here, cool.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

That's a really awesome guitar, love it.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Dougler, what we all really wanna know is...... do you go around impersonating that dude from Roseanne to get laid? And does it work?

Did he use a transparent stain or solid color with no sealer. You cover it up with satin or gloss?

I love the jack on the ass, I've been wanting to do that forever.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Heh, what are the chances it was one of our members?

I was looking at his lefty page again last night, it's still exactly the same as what it was 8 years ago when I went in there.

http://www.fatdawg.com/lefty.html

Lefty fretless jazz bass

Warmoth neck, ebony fretboard with sissy lines. Alnico jazz bass pickups and ebony control plate.

Modern art Punkifier

-- a Peavey Milestone USA punkfier (lefty) and a lefty les paul copy

USA lefty Strat and a USA lefty Elite Strat

Lefty fretless jazz bass

Warmoth neck, ebony fretboard with sissy lines. Alnico jazz bass pickups and ebony control plate.

Lefty Subraze Bass

Schaller bass gears and active EQ switch. Heavy-duty bass bridge. USA neck and body. $400

Lefty Single-cutaway

Boy! Are you south-paws lucky! We've just got a bunch of these USA-made lefty Tele* things. Choice of colors and electronics are yours. This brown beauty is $400. I chose to make this one more traditional, but if you want to get out there, let me know: ?Humbuckers? Lipstick tubes? Even a 5-string is possible. Active electronics.

South-paw's Ruby

Lefty ash strat* with big peghead reminescent of the late 60s. Three Alnico pickups and beautiful satin ruby-stained finish. $400

Fiddle guitar with mini-humbuckers. $375

Westone (Ibanez) SG-strat* thang. Humbucker, set neck. $325

Kustom Kandy apple red Jaguar. Matching headstock (no upper controls). $725

Strat*, off-white, maple neck, 4-bolt conversion, black pickguard. $500

Wannabe Les Paul knockoff. Black, sealed gears with OHSC. $250

Black strat*, gold hardware. $325

White strat*. Wilkinson bridge. $300

Blue strat*. Wilkinson bridge. $325

Baby blue 70s Fender® Mustang. $700

Yeah, he had none of these. I was stoked on the Mustang or the Kustom Jag only to find out he didn't have it.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Dougler

Post by Dougler »

Joey wrote:Dougler, what we all really wanna know is...... do you go around impersonating that dude from Roseanne to get laid? And does it work?

Did he use a transparent stain or solid color with no sealer. You cover it up with satin or gloss?

I love the jack on the ass, I've been wanting to do that forever.
Funny thing is, just this last month now, I have been getting that a lot. So many people have been saying I look like him. Havn't tried it yet Lol.
But it has a transparent green finish with a satin clear coat. I love having the jack on the side and I got a three way switch in were the input was. it works really well for me
Glad you guys like it :D
Supersonicman

Post by Supersonicman »

KPI wrote:THIS IS NOT SHORT SCALE!!!!

THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAAAAA!!!
Something just looks so right about that guitar on him.
It's the most generic strat possible, save for the rosewood fingerboard, and yet it's just so right
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Love the Jagstang, and loved Roseanne too... proper flashback !!

What brings you to love shortscales out of interest ? Do you have a band ?
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Indeed +1s for both Jagstangs and Roseanne.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

HOLY SHIT THE DUDE FROM ROSEANNE POSTS HERE!!! FUCK

that looks great either way. really loving that finish.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

wait? a '73 bronco a width? neck butt pics?
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Joey

Post by Joey »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:HOLY SHIT THE DUDE FROM ROSEANNE POSTS HERE!!! FUCK
Shortscale.org where the stars come to play...... guitars

Take that Offset!
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Pens wrote:Fuck that place.

The owner is a burnout hippie. He advertises a million guitars he doesn't actually have. He supposedly had a ton of lefty guitars, I was on a trip out to San Fran and so made the trip over to Berkeley to check it out, it's a tiny shack with a bunch of crap just tossed about everywhere, and he left me in the store completely unattended to go get lunch, saying if I wanted to buy something to just throw the money behind the counter. He also could not keep a conversation for nothin.

I was really pissed when I left there.
This thread is super dead, but seeing as how I live 5 seconds away from Fat Dawg's shop, I felt compelled to chime in.

Pens is right on. Fuck that place. I don't have a problem with Fat Dawg, he's so-so. His place is meh. Very Berkeley. But...

It's his guitars. I really feel like most of them are crap. If you get one custom built, maybe the quality is better. I don't trust his craftsmanship.

I heard him saying on the phone that he has a warehouse full of 2,000 guitars he can't sell. Wonder why.

I agree though, his shit looks great on his site. Internet hippie burnout.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

All that being said, I'm glad you like your Subway guitar Dougler. I'm sure he has made a few good ones over the years.

You're in Concord? Take your guitars to Benny Rodriguez for set ups and repairs, if you don't already. He's in Pleasant Hill. And he is a god. Used to build guitars at Tom Anderson.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

singlepickup24 wrote:His place is meh. Very Berkeley.
pahahaha :lol:
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

singlepickup24 wrote:
Pens wrote:Fuck that place.

The owner is a burnout hippie. He advertises a million guitars he doesn't actually have. He supposedly had a ton of lefty guitars, I was on a trip out to San Fran and so made the trip over to Berkeley to check it out, it's a tiny shack with a bunch of crap just tossed about everywhere, and he left me in the store completely unattended to go get lunch, saying if I wanted to buy something to just throw the money behind the counter. He also could not keep a conversation for nothin.

I was really pissed when I left there.
This thread is super dead, but seeing as how I live 5 seconds away from Fat Dawg's shop, I felt compelled to chime in.

Pens is right on. Fuck that place. I don't have a problem with Fat Dawg, he's so-so. His place is meh. Very Berkeley. But...

It's his guitars. I really feel like most of them are crap. If you get one custom built, maybe the quality is better. I don't trust his craftsmanship.

I heard him saying on the phone that he has a warehouse full of 2,000 guitars he can't sell. Wonder why.

I agree though, his shit looks great on his site. Internet hippie burnout.
Yeah, they all kinda felt like 1960's Sear's guitars, like they were held together with some paperclips and pot resin.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

I've spent fucking years being fascinated by swampdog and the cool ass shit on his website and the crazy low prices, but the lack of any updates always led me to assume that what I was seeing was a time capsule of some great empire of inexpensive hotrodded danelectros that had long since collapsed and gone to waste.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Fool is all about the Danos. And letting you know which "stars" have patronized his hole in the past. And pot resin.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

is it actually a place where you can score cheap danos and other under appreciated shit, or is it just a shit shack now?
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Hard to say, I haven't spent the time to do a thorough investigation. I would lean toward shit shack, though. Might be a few nice Danos, but it's a treasure hunt.

If there's something in particular that you're looking for (or notice online) I can always stop by and take a peek. Seriously not more than 5 minutes from my place.