Squier Making The Cyclone Again .

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

the necks on the original squier's were indeed FUCKED. however, the necks on the fenders were super nice, and i'm convinced they were the same necks that were on the MIM toronados. they were exactly the same in terms of look, feel, and satinization.

lucamo: send me details about what yr after and i'll try to help.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Define "fucked".

I'm ordering the LPB tonight. My son hasn't given a definitive answer if he wants it or not, so if he doesn't I'll be reselling it on here.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

it felt like plastic. just like those single humbucker bullets from years back. white wood, shitty rosewood, gnarfrets, and shit tuners. only good for firewood, and they smell like burning hair when on fire.

sounds like a great beginner guitar if they can straighten the neckfail.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:it felt like plastic. just like those single humbucker bullets from years back. white wood, shitty rosewood, gnarfrets, and shit tuners. only good for firewood, and they smell like burning hair when on fire.

its a conversion neck so any other fender neck will fit?
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

I would guess they've gotten a bit better at making necks since then. Every Squier I've picked up at the shop lately has had a pretty decent neck on it.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Rox

Post by Rox »

A lot of the necks on the Squiers I've found to be good . My VM Tele had an awesome neck. The pickups sucked . A set of good humbuckers changed that. That's what I'm guessing with this Cyclone . And I have plenty of good pickups laying around . Change all the electrics ..... Prolly be a killer guitar..
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Pens wrote:Define "fucked".

I'm ordering the LPB tonight. My son hasn't given a definitive answer if he wants it or not, so if he doesn't I'll be reselling it on here.
Lol, future dibs if I don't buy one by then. ;)
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

brainfur wrote:its a conversion neck so any other fender neck will fit?
the original necks were not conversion necks, and i have never seen any information indicating this. links?
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

ekwatts wrote:I'd only want the Cyclone to mod and mod and mod, and I'm trying to get out of that a little bit.
it took me a while to break that habit, too. i was always changing out electronics, pick guards, tuners, etc. . . i finally figured out that (a) there are guitars out there stock with the options i was adding and (b) giving a chance to instruments as they were designed is fun, too, since having to work within limitations is good for art.
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:
brainfur wrote:its a conversion neck so any other fender neck will fit?
the original necks were not conversion necks, and i have never seen any information indicating this. links?
i was just guessing since it was gibson scale on a fender they would use a conversion...
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

dots wrote:
ekwatts wrote:I'd only want the Cyclone to mod and mod and mod, and I'm trying to get out of that a little bit.
it took me a while to break that habit, too. i was always changing out electronics, pick guards, tuners, etc. . . i finally figured out that (a) there are guitars out there stock with the options i was adding
I'm also at this point, only took me 15 years to wake up..
The other day i realized very little i own is stock and most of it is temperamental in some way or other. I even considered selling a shitload of stuff and just buying one decent functional guitar that is reliable.
Having said that i'll probably buy one of these and fit an EMG in it, roller nut, grovers... :lol:
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Fran wrote:
dots wrote:
it took me a while to break that habit, too. i was always changing out electronics, pick guards, tuners, etc. . . i finally figured out that (a) there are guitars out there stock with the options i was adding
The other day i realized very little i own is stock and most of it is temperamental in some way or other. I even considered selling a shitload of stuff and just buying one decent functional guitar that is reliable.
Having said that i'll probably buy one of these and fit an EMG in it, roller nut, grovers... :lol:
I wish I had that many guitars to choose from...
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Pens wrote:
Fran wrote:
dots wrote: it took me a while to break that habit, too. i was always changing out electronics, pick guards, tuners, etc. . . i finally figured out that (a) there are guitars out there stock with the options i was adding
I have a room full of them and barely any time to play even one of them lately... and here I am wanting to add yet another!
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

endsjustifymeans wrote:
Pens wrote:
Fran wrote:I'm also at this point, only took me 15 years to wake up..
I have a room full of them and barely any time to play even one of them lately... and here I am wanting to add yet another!
No, my point is, I wish "there was a stock guitar out there that was already set up the way I wanted it without modding". That doesn't exist for a lefty.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Martin Luther King, Jr. should have wrote:Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former southpaws and the sons of current northpaws will be able to peruse the aisles together at the table of Guitar Center.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be slighted by the hand they write with but by their taste in offset waist guitars.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every left handed mutant shall be made to be right handed, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; and the glory of the Right shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together, so they may stop bitching in every thread.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:
Martin Luther King, Jr. should have wrote:Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former southpaws and the sons of current northpaws will be able to peruse the aisles together at the table of Guitar Center.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be slighted by the hand they write with but by their taste in offset waist guitars.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every left handed mutant shall be made to be right handed, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; and the glory of the Right shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together, so they may stop bitching in every thread.
<3
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

lolz
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

I'm punching you in the sack next meetup.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

odds of your skinny legs catching my skinny legs (featuring muscle mass) are slim to nil.

but i warm to new challenges with the greatest of ease.
Supersonicman

Post by Supersonicman »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:it felt like plastic. just like those single humbucker bullets from years back. white wood, shitty rosewood, gnarfrets, and shit tuners. only good for firewood, and they smell like burning hair when on fire.

The original run had perfectly good necks, and I definitely love the neck on my 2003 cyclone, which was many times better than the MIM Strat of the same make year I traded for it.