Bound Seafoam Jaguars, TEH Kurtz, and Ode to Deutchland

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

taylornutt

Bound Seafoam Jaguars, TEH Kurtz, and Ode to Deutchland

Post by taylornutt »

I was meeting a guy off CL at a Guitar Center to buy his EHX Memory Boy pedal and he was running late. So I decided to go browse around inside. As I headed towards the Guitar wall, I noticed a lot of new Jaguar style guitars on the wall. I first spotted a black Blacktop Jaguar and Jazzmaster. Never been a huge fan of the Blacktop guitars. Then I noticed this Seafoam green Jaguar. What caught my eye more than the color was the fact the neck was bound. I picked it up and the neck felt really good. I looked at the sticker. It was Seafoam Green Blacktop Jaguar with a bound neck for $599. The price is $100 more than the normal BT Jaguar. They also had one in a color called Blizzard. I played it quickly through a Fender Pro Junior. I was pretty impressed. Despite being out of tune a bit, the pickups sounded great and the neck played like butter. Best playing Mexican Fender I have picked up recently. They also put normal Jaguar knobs instead of witch hat knobs and the pot heights looked better. I would love to steal one of these necks for a guitar project.

Bound Blacktop Jaguars
► Show Spoiler
They also had 2 Modern Player Jaguars. The p-90 pickups sounded great and the necks also played awesome for a Chinese guitar. If I had a tuner, I could have evaluated it better. Both Colors(walnut and red) looked nice in person.
► Show Spoiler

The other day I got to play TEH KURTZ Jaguar. The binding on the neck felt awkward and the headstock looked dumb. The pickups sounded nice and full. For $1200, It's not bad, but that's expensive for a Made in Mexico guitar.
► Show Spoiler
Lastly, they had a First Act Volkswagen guitar that was sold a few years back with the cars. Tuners were weak, but it had onboard fuzz pedal, which almost sounded good. For $100, it would have been a fun project.
► Show Spoiler
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
cobascis

Post by cobascis »

Holy shit. Is that even on the Fender site? Seafoam with binding looks great!
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

cobascis wrote:Holy shit. Is that even on the Fender site? Seafoam with binding looks great!
I checked and it wasn't there.
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

That seafoam green jag is sexy as hell! But that black pickguard has got to go!
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

not to be a dick, but you should learn how to tune a guitar without a tuner. Even if it's not exactly EADGBe, you should be able to get the guitar in tune with itself.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Think it's great that they're finally doing binding with dots.
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

Fender needs to do more fucking binding.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

SKC Willie wrote:not to be a dick, but you should learn how to tune a guitar without a tuner. Even if it's not exactly EADGBe, you should be able to get the guitar in tune with itself.
These guitars obviously just got put on the wall and had not been tuned. I could have tuned it, but I only had a couple minutes before my meetup, so I just wanted to quick demo each guitar before I had to go. The modern player jags were so far out of tune you would have needed a tuner.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I hope that eBay site that gets guitars and strips them down for parts gets some of these bound Jag necks. Totally grabbing one for my Jag. The existing neck is pretty banged up and the frets are totally worn down.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

I heard PaulK got the job.
montheshakers

Post by montheshakers »

Sweet Moses that surf green Jaguar looks awesome. I think the black pickguard works well with the green. That neck binding is something too!, do 7ender do many guitars with the neck binding?
Because i rarely see them or am i just blind
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

the modern jaguars are MIC?
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:the modern jaguars are MIC?
That's what it said on the Headstock. The neck felt as good as a MIJ one.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

HOLY SHIT THEY ARE MAKING A RUN OF MATT SKIBA JAGUARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

[youtube][/youtube] [youtube][/youtube]
dots wrote:incesticide
chrismakesgod

Post by chrismakesgod »

Fender really should get those strat jacks right to fuck.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

so i posted that SFG jaguar on Matt Skiba's twitter account....he actually retweeted it for everyone to see and now my shit is blowing up with questions like WHERE IS THIS GUITAR AT? IS THIS OFFICIAL SKIBA GUITAR? FUCK YOU DUDE THIS IS FAKE. THIS RULES.

my shit is blowing up.

thanks for the promo
dots wrote:incesticide
gypsyseven

Post by gypsyseven »

That seafoam green looks soooooooooooo fucking fantastic!
[quote="Doog"]Another of life's great mysteries solved.

Next week: where does my room go when I turn off the lights?
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

robroe wrote:so i posted that SFG jaguar on Matt Skiba's twitter account....he actually retweeted it for everyone to see and now my shit is blowing up with questions like WHERE IS THIS GUITAR AT? IS THIS OFFICIAL SKIBA GUITAR? FUCK YOU DUDE THIS IS FAKE. THIS RULES.

my shit is blowing up.

thanks for the promo
play on playa' :D
Joey

Post by Joey »

hilaryroe
spelling police

Post by hilaryroe »

We are at gc now rob is in love. Its actually sea foam green pearl!!! New colorfor the color chart

dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.