Jeannie Pickguards? Any good?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Mooseboy

Jeannie Pickguards? Any good?

Post by Mooseboy »

Just been looking at some pickguards for my CV duo-sonic and noticed Jeannie Pickguards have quite a bit of choice, but are their products good quality?
I've already brought one that doesn't fit but I'm guessing that one is for a 90's Duo-sonic
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I think this is one you should stay away from. There are two sellers on eBay that make pickguards and members here have had no end of trouble with them.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Mooseboy

Post by Mooseboy »

Which companies would you recommend for pickguards?
ploppy

Post by ploppy »

I had a white one for my 67 bronco from them, shipped to the UK, and to be honest the product was ok, just a couple of the holes were very slightly off but it fitted fine.
That said, the handful of emails i had from them were a bit short and to the point.
Rushkoff

Post by Rushkoff »

I'd say avoid. I had nothing short of a 8 email argument with "Roger" because he tried to charge me for two pickguards in a style that I never asked for. Oh and the guard he sent? It never fit. It's safe to say I have no love for Roger.
Mooseboy

Post by Mooseboy »

Thanks for the advice and I think I'll keep well clear of them
Could anyone recommend anyone for a custom pickguard?
KPI

Post by KPI »

WD Music in Florida have done a bunch of custom pickguards for me. The aged pearl they do is the shizzle.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

There's at least a couple of threads in which person after person reports absolutley unbelievable customer service from Roger of jeannies....and not the good kind of unbelievable. Myself included. When he gets it right the product is fine but the 20 yards of interpersonal sewerage you have to wade through and the 90% chance it won't be perfect just AINT worth it. Can't belive another new guy up thread had the same issues too...they just keep racking up. I'm totally weirded out by Jeannies business, even how he still has one. The amount of arguments the guy has must be bad for his heart and the number of returns and cancelled orders must be costing him a packet. I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall there for a day.....in fact there's something so disfunctional about him that i kinda root for him at the same time as not touching him with someone elses barge pole. Fascinating.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Mooseboy

Post by Mooseboy »

Glad I didn't buy from him now
Are there any companies in the UK that people would recommend for custom pickguards?
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Mooseboy wrote:Glad I didn't buy from him now
Are there any companies in the UK that people would recommend for custom pickguards?
I had a fantastic experience with one company just recently: http://www.simscustom.com/

Highly recommended and price was reasonable, certainly better than the guard i got from Jeannies once shipping and import tax were added
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

There was another ebay seller named dazbootman a couple years ago that I bought the pickguard for my bronco from. It's a great pickguard and it fit perfectly right out of the packing slip. I just looked on ebay and he doesn't appear to be selling anymore.

I would second WD as someone else mentioned. I got a telecaster kit from them a couple years ago and the first one they sent me, the neck pocket on the body was too tight and the neck didn't fit in it. I emailed them and they emailed me back promptly, sent me a box to send it back to them in, and they sent me a new one that fit perfectly in about a week! Great customer service!
Jaded

Post by Jaded »

Dave wrote:I had a fantastic experience with one company just recently: http://www.simscustom.com/
I've bought two pickguards from them both mustang guards and i agree on the price, very reasonable. One of them needed a little filing by the control plate to fit but other than that everything lined up perfectly.
mixtape

Post by mixtape »

I got a replacement guard for my Super-Sonic from Jeannie without any drama and it fits fine, but I can definitely see how things might have gotten out of hand if it didn't. Based on the experiences of most of the people on this board, you probably want to shop around.
Leisureclub

Post by Leisureclub »

I've used Jeannie and it's been fine. Seems to be such a crap shoot, but I went w/ them before I knew he could be difficult.

I'm in the process of having terrapinguitars making some guards for me. He seems pleasant and competent but I think he's having health issues so we might have hit a brick wall.
Mooseboy

Post by Mooseboy »

Just had a look at sims custom's site and looks quite good
Does anyone know what sort of price range a duosonic guard would be?
I paid £20 for the MiM guard but would the cv duosonic be much different in price
George

Post by George »

Before you think about it, avoid Pickguardian too. Didn't fit, wouldn't do anything about it.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Leisureclub wrote:TERrapinguitars
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
Rox

Post by Rox »

Check out Greasy Groove . He's a little more money and will want a template but is materials are good and his shit will fit ..

http://www.greasygroove.com/
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Anyone hear anything about Pickguards.us? I'm looking to get a replacement guard for my Blazer it seems like them and Jeanie are the only ones with templates. Considering Jeanie FUCKED THE LAST ONE UP AND TOLD ME NOT TO BITCH ABOUT IT NOT BEING PERFECT AND KEPT EVERY CENT OF THE $63 I PAID FOR IT BECAUSE THEY HAD TO EAT THE LABOR, I'd rather not do business with them again
honeyiscool

Post by honeyiscool »

I think it's just bound to happen that anybody who makes pickguards off a template is going to mess up one way or another, so the rest is just customer service, really. I wouldn't trust anyone who won't replicate a guard you send them without bitching about it.

As for Jeannie, I wouldn't trust them even with just replicating a pickguard, and I don't know if I would even do that. I've used them a couple of times and the fit has been average at best and just plain wrong at worst.
Kicking and squealing Gucci little piggy.