My RobertOG Mustang Project (DONE - Pix/Video page 7)

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

mage wrote:
Ninja Mike 808 wrote:I would only go through warmoth for bodies and necks, unless they're cheaper that is...
everywhere is cheaper. I mean, warmoth is great, it sure as hell ain't cheap though.
True. Allparts can go fuck themselves, too.
If you think of god as a pair of pants, a spiritualist thinks he needs pants, in fact he wants pants but none of the conventional types of pants seem to fit just right, so he makes his own pants and is happy that his knees are no longer cold.-fibus
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

allparts and wdmusic are so overpriced, I don't know how they get any business at all.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

mage wrote:
Ninja Mike 808 wrote:I would only go through warmoth for bodies and necks, unless they're cheaper that is...
everywhere is cheaper. I mean, warmoth is great, it sure as hell ain't cheap though.
Everything in the USA is cheap, it's like a massive half price sale getting $1.98 for a pound. :wink:

I'm in the UK so it might work out cheaper on the postage to get othet bits at the same time....we'll see, I always shop around anyway.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

mage wrote:
Warmoth unfinished necks are a great value for the money. I had a Warmoth neck and it was only $160, it was one fucking amazing neck.
Ninja Mike 808

Post by Ninja Mike 808 »

tribi9 wrote:
mage wrote:
Warmoth unfinished necks are a great value for the money. I had a Warmoth neck and it was only $160, it was one fucking amazing neck.
Yea. I will one day build a Warmoth guitar, but it'll probly only be the body and the neck.

Guitarpartsresource.com I think is the best, as far as price and the ridiculous amount of shite they have.
If you think of god as a pair of pants, a spiritualist thinks he needs pants, in fact he wants pants but none of the conventional types of pants seem to fit just right, so he makes his own pants and is happy that his knees are no longer cold.-fibus
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

Ninja Mike 808 wrote:
tribi9 wrote:
mage wrote: everywhere is cheaper. I mean, warmoth is great, it sure as hell ain't cheap though.
Yea. I will one day build a Warmoth guitar, but it'll probly only be the body and the neck.

Guitarpartsresource.com I think is the best, as far as price and the ridiculous amount of shite they have.
yeah, I just ordered a trem arm for my mustang from Guitarpartsresource, I was looking for ages for a mustang trem arm when I found them there.
JordanD

Post by JordanD »

That guitar is looking sweet! It's going to be a real beauty when it's finished. :)
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Burger me, I can't believe I've missed this thread! D: Looks like you're cracking along very nicely with it :D Can't wait to see more, and when it's finished xD
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

timhulio wrote:No, idiot guy, everyone knows Mike is Nirvanafreak182.
Holyshit, I nearly just spat tea out all over my desk..
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

We did the red tort pickguard last night by the way but Dead phone = no pictures.

The lacquer is coming along but not quite there yet, unfortunately because I'm very busy for the next month I don't think it'll be done in time for Doogfest.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

you need to prioritize.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

I would but it's my friends' weddings and stuff.

Plus I don't want to rush it, I've been working really hard on this with my Dad.
DGNR8

Post by DGNR8 »

That's beautiful. So is white, but that has depth.
Yell Like Hell
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Assembly time is soon.

Mockup pics for now.

Reece

Post by Reece »

Oh lordy.

Lovez it.
robert(original)

Post by robert(original) »

is it just me or is that control plate upside down?
that finish looks amazing mike, truely amazing!
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

robert(original) wrote:is it just me or is that control plate upside down?
that finish looks amazing mike, truely amazing!
hahah quite possibly, I just threw it together for the photo.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

How accurate is the colour? I remember the white tint seeming whiter. This almost looks like you just used clear. I like it a lot anyway, red tort was the right choice.
Shabba.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

This is quite representative, although it's not that white. the crap camera flash evens out the non natural light. It looks like a white tint, not like clear coat.

This:

for example really makes it look like clearcoat in the absence of flash and in soft lighting. When it's together I'll take some photos in natural light.
finboy

Post by finboy »

looks like all that time was worth it, beauty of a finish mike