your dream guitar

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Progrockabuse

Post by Progrockabuse »

I preferred the crispy top end that an alba brand tape recorder provides. Sanyo was classed as boutique in derby lol
Fender Classic Player 60’s Stratocaster>East Coast T1 Tele>
Epiphone Les Paul SL>Ovation 12 String acoustic>Peavey Strat DIY Relic

Marshall Origin 20H>James’s old purple 2x10
Marshall MG10 Combo

1 time host of PROGFEST
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

sunshiner wrote:Beautifully modded epi, what pickups did you install in it and why did you sell such a handsome guitar?
Please don't post pictures of cardinal red melody makers cause without these pictures my mood is not very high today and envy does not help to elate me :cry:
HERE IS THE WHOLE THREAD ABOUT THE BUILD.

http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtop ... lody+maker
dots wrote:incesticide
ProcessedMeatMan

Post by ProcessedMeatMan »

If I could just get my Marauder to stay in tune, I'd be all set.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Four years on, and the dream I initially posted just might come to pass. No champagne sparkle, but simple availability on these shores has got me more excited this time.

With no less than four guitars going out the door for good (almost there), I think I finally have incentive to replace more with better.

This 1992 Terada build showed up online on Thursday night and no one's biting so far, no doubt because $1370 is a lot to pay for dents, even over here where mildy used ones can still go for $2000. I dunno, if frets and the neck are in good order, I'd feel quite alright about acquiring a mildy bashed up Jet that would make me enjoy the thing more than the super-conscious attitude I'd have to put on every time I pulled out something pristine, and I think I can work the guy down to $1300 or so based on his post.

We'll see...

LIVEJOURNALESQUE EDIT on dream guitar!!!11

Final deal came out to be $1150 from a Pawn Shop, shady shop owner with wavy perm told me the former owner hadn't come to repurchase it for several months and it was time to put it on the market. Came with a heavy-duty Get'm Get'm racing stripe strap ($60 over here), and after an hour of cleaning (fretboard had accumulated some funk), polishing under the Bigsby and guards, and a restring, it looks like I have a winner. Neck is straight as an arrow, fretwear is decent, top is remarkably clean with just one notable bump on it, and the backside has two decades of belt wear mojo going on. Aftermarket trussrod cover and Dunlop straplocks were noted, but the rest is all original and the thing is ridiculously lightweight compared to most of my guitars, me guessing around 6.5lbs or so.

Proper review to follow.

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by ultratwin on Mon May 20, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blane

Post by blane »

I still want your pink double bound tele....
Guitars:
2014 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
1998 Paul Reed Smith CE22
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

blane wrote:I still want your pink double bound tele....
Glad it's still appreciated!

It's one of a few that are leaving the collection due to being gorgeous but simply not being played as much. I doubt I can get the $400 I'm asking over here, though about once a year or so one of its several cousins from the same Willows Guitar batch (mostly Strats) show up online and get snatched fairly quickly.

If I could ship it cheaper I'd make you an attractive offer :wink:
► Show Spoiler
blane

Post by blane »

Sad to see it go... :-(
ultratwin wrote:

It's one of a few that are leaving the collection due to being gorgeous but simply not being played as much. I doubt I can get the $400 I'm asking over here, though about once a year or so one of its several cousins from the same Willows Guitar batch (mostly Strats) show up online and get snatched fairly quickly.

► Show Spoiler
Guitars:
2014 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2013 Gibson SG 61RI
1998 Paul Reed Smith CE22
HNB

Post by HNB »

I love all my guitars so picking one would be hard, but if I had to... Probably my Fiesta Japanese Jaguar made in the Tokai plant. My FAVORITE neck ever. Very similar to the Jag-Stang neck.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

robroe wrote: HERE IS THE WHOLE THREAD ABOUT THE BUILD.

http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtop ... lody+maker
I've just read the thread, boring Epi turned out a spunky guitar. Good taste, patience and imagination can make wonders... I lack of patience :wink:
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

Either of these:
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
finboy

Post by finboy »

timhulio wrote:The 1990s Tele plus is definitely one. Dually red lace sensors in the bridge and blue in the neck. They're rare and expensive in decent condition. Not sure I'd got for the crazy paint effect, but it's certainly something!

My buddy has that exact finish, but maple neck, definitely ... Unique :lol:
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

finboy wrote: My buddy has that exact finish, but maple neck, definitely ... Unique :lol:

Teh Greenwoodz aside, I've always wondered what the fuss is about the Tele Pluses, though I'd certainly love to try someone's out for fun.

Granted, my brain is inadvertently naming the above finish "Placenta Warp" based on the shade reminding me of the ill-fated Placenta Burst incident from a few years back.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I've been talking with Nico Moffa about his guitars, one of his is my dream guitar but I don't think I'd be able to afford one. Even with the two year wait giving me some time to save up.

They are beautiful though.

StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

There are a lot of guitars that I'd love to have, but when this first came out on the market, I was totally captivated. I had no idea who John 5 was, but I decided I'd get this guitar one day.

....it's not one day yet.

Hell is other people.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

Holy shit, that headstock looks awesome. I want it.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
finboy

Post by finboy »

ultratwin wrote:

► Show Spoiler
I love that one too, it's perfect really. If you sold it without neck you could probably find a buyer and get a reasonable shipping rate.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

finboy wrote:
ultratwin wrote:

► Show Spoiler
I love that one too, it's perfect really. If you sold it without neck you could probably find a buyer and get a reasonable shipping rate.
Possibly, but I shipped a body exactly like like it to a fellow forumite in Western NY State, and the cheapest I could do it for from here was $65 via EMS. Also, I can assure you that under that pretty B16 are a few holes from the F-stamp B5 as well, and It's safe to say that it's not a very pretty sight. :wink:

Glad you appreciate the intended aesthetic, at any rate!
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

daftsupernova wrote:Holy shit, that headstock looks awesome. I want it.
It's the headstock from the Venus XII, which is also pretty high up on my "Guitars I remember from when I first became aware that there were qualitative differences between guitars and started having preferences based on the music I listened to and what my favorite artists played" phase.

....yeah, I like Hole.
Hell is other people.
lorez

Post by lorez »

I don't think I have a dream guitar anymore ...
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

lorez wrote:I don't think I have a dream guitar anymore ...
I'm getting a bit like that, i think it is a result of buying guitars for years. You suddenly realise there isn't much left to try.