pictures of your guitars here

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

HNB

Post by HNB »

Concretebadger wrote:I've yet to try out a Jag but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that one day I'm going to buy one and there's nothing I'd be able to do to stop myself when it happens. I think it was seeing a Kurt sig model for the first time that clinched it.

Very nice Jazzstang BTW. It looks odd at first glance, but the more you look at it the more 'right' it seems. So unique but looks lovely (I never thought I'd ever say that about a green guitar, either. It really does look stunning).
Thanks! I have a "proper" Jaguar on the way and that should be nice to mess around with. :) I had a couple Mustangs and just didn't fit with them. I think the little body is what did it. I love Jazzy and Jaguar bodies. Something comfortable about them. The Jazzstang is cool because the contours are nice and the full scale neck helps get away from the miniature feel Mustangs have to me as opposed to Jaguars or Jag-Stangs.
HNB

Post by HNB »

othomas2 wrote:Nice collection. I like your Jazzblaster the most !!
Hopefully it isn't breaking rules, but it is on ebay atm just in case you were interested in grabbing it. Just search Custom Blacktop Jazzmaster and you should find it easy. :)
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

HNB wrote:
Mike wrote:Pretty darn swish.
Thanks!

The trem placement is the new modern one, but that actually works very well with the TOM, so I think it is all good. The rhythm area is just screwed in to the wood with electrical tape under it. Since Kurt didn't use that area, I thought it would be fine not to bother with that. He didn't normally use tremolo, so I didn't see a need to worry about that. I had fun adding the extra strap knob to it. :) Tuners aren't accurate, but they work fine. Decal isn't a match, but it isn't a Jaguar, so I did more of a hybrid. The tort was made for me by Tony at pickguardian. Great stuff. I just had to make a drawing for him. He nailed my drawing template.
The tort is excellent - way better than what Fender are shipping things with these days.

I really like it - great thing to build on the Blacktop platform.
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

HNB wrote:
othomas2 wrote:Nice collection. I like your Jazzblaster the most !!
Hopefully it isn't breaking rules, but it is on ebay atm just in case you were interested in grabbing it. Just search Custom Blacktop Jazzmaster and you should find it easy. :)
I'm tempted matey but I just can't afford it right now. Just built a Telemaster.

I seen it for sale on offset too and considered it. Love it !!! Why don't you keep it ?

I think I'll be getting one of those new Squier Jags when they're released and making a Jagblaster.
mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

New knobs!

10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
HNB

Post by HNB »

othomas2 wrote:I'm tempted matey but I just can't afford it right now. Just built a Telemaster.

I seen it for sale on offset too and considered it. Love it !!! Why don't you keep it ?

I think I'll be getting one of those new Squier Jags when they're released and making a Jagblaster.
I would keep it, but I need to pay off that incoming LE Jaguar. :) If it doesn't sell, I plan to keep it. I can't go lower than the price I listed it as without losing a bunch of cash and I would rather keep it then just dump it off. I think the price I have with the upgraded tuners, Adjusto, custom pickguard, and WRHB is pretty fair. :) Auction ends today. Hopefully it sells.
HNB

Post by HNB »

Hmmm didn't sell so I relisted it at a lower price. About as low as I can really go considering the money I put in to it. LOL
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

I snapped a pic cos Stewart mentioned my EGC on FB. Here's some of my stuff.

l-r: Hondo Lead II copy which is my go-to guitar for pedal testing and messing around at the moment- does awesome out of phase sounds, musima elgita, tele thinline, EGC custom. I'm trying lots of different pedals at the moment. The memory boy has some nice feedbacky settings. I've been playing with autowahs and the Snow White is the best, although the Q-tron and Proteus are also cool. When Sailplanes gig as a three-piece I might break-out a bigger amp, so kinda glad I didn't sell the bandmaster.

benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

Not done one of these for ages, but prompted by Timbo doing his up there, I followed the clarion call of "Tims: assemble".

From left to right: homemade (from big, guitar-shaped bits) Thinline baritone tele, Edwards 335, AVRI Jazzmaster, MJT tele.
lorez

Post by lorez »

benecol wrote:Not done one of these for ages, but prompted by Timbo doing his up there, I followed the clarion call of "Tims: assemble".

From left to right: homemade (from big, guitar-shaped bits) Thinline baritone tele, Edwards 335, AVRI Jazzmaster, MJT tele.
Probably all my favourite style guitars in one photo, very lovely
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

Post by timhulio »

Yeah love that colour combo on the Jazzmaster. What's the MJT tele? Did you buy the parts and put it together. Is it from this guy, as some of these are very tempting!
http://stores.ebay.com/MJT-Aged-Guitar-Finishes
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

Beautiful Tim.
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

benecol wrote:Not done one of these for ages, but prompted by Timbo doing his up there, I followed the clarion call of "Tims: assemble".

PINK TELE FTW

High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
SGJarrod

Post by SGJarrod »

timhulio wrote: love that colour combo on the Jazzmaster.
+1000
lorez wrote: I'm a fuzz lover so my clean is another man's crunch ;)
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

timhulio wrote:Yeah love that colour combo on the Jazzmaster. What's the MJT tele? Did you buy the parts and put it together. Is it from this guy, as some of these are very tempting!
http://stores.ebay.com/MJT-Aged-Guitar-Finishes
Yep yep - thread here. The whole process was great fun, and they're lovely. Better spec than a Fender, better standard of finish and service than Warmoth. Will get a strat from them next.

Switched the guard out for a white one (dropped a blob of solder on the other one, and wasn't keen on the finish on it anyway) but think it'd look better with a mint one, on balance.
jumbledupthinking

Post by jumbledupthinking »

timhulio wrote:I snapped a pic cos Stewart mentioned my EGC on FB. Here's some of my stuff.

l-r: Hondo Lead II copy which is my go-to guitar for pedal testing and messing around at the moment- does awesome out of phase sounds, musima elgita, tele thinline, EGC custom. I'm trying lots of different pedals at the moment. The memory boy has some nice feedbacky settings. I've been playing with autowahs and the Snow White is the best, although the Q-tron and Proteus are also cool. When Sailplanes gig as a three-piece I might break-out a bigger amp, so kinda glad I didn't sell the bandmaster.

Looking good! Love that Musima guitar....hope you're enjoying the Memory Boy :D
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

benecol wrote:think it'd look better with a mint one, on balance.
i concur.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

here's my TWO (count 'em) non-shortscales.

the SG200 still needs a bit of tweaking but it's a lovely guitar. i still giggle inwardly on occasion when i think about how cheap it was. it feels like it should have cost 5 times as much.
SKC Willie
Bunk Ass Fuck

Post by SKC Willie »

Blacktop jazzy with Duncans and Robroe covers

Handmade, nitro finished, lefty tele custom. then I ruined it and flipped so I had a righty. Three way switch and master volume.
Last edited by SKC Willie on Tue May 22, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twitter.com/skcwillie

follow me . . . . you won't
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

i love that blacktop tele (luls - it's a jazzmaster)

what is that pink tele?