This have to be the lamest guitars ever....

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

luke

Post by luke »

The guitar is not cool.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

so's yer face.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

There have been 2 or 3 newbs in the last few days posting all the guitars and eBay links we've seen a thousand times.

to quote Robroe "YOU FUCKING NEWBS".
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

jcyphe wrote:There have been 2 or 3 newbs in the last few days posting all the guitars and eBay links we've seen a thousand times.

Yeah well, fuck you too!
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

tribi9 wrote:
jcyphe wrote:There have been 2 or 3 newbs in the last few days posting all the guitars and eBay links we've seen a thousand times.

Yeah well, fuck you too!
STEP UP YOUR POSTING GAME
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

I already said i'm fairly new, and that I missed it when it was posted. What else do u want me to fucking say? There's no need to be a dickhead, just because you spend half your life posting or because you've been here longer...
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I sort of see where both parties are coming from here.

On one hand: it's really quite annoying that the same things come up time and time again, and that the discussion on them is old tired, and fairly redundant. Everybody who has been here a while knows what everyone else thinks about that guitar, or say, the Vintage Jagmaster/Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Strat hybrid yoke.

On the other hand: How the fuck can a noob be expected to know what has been posted before? I mean: would we rather a someone who hasn't been here so long hold back something that is actually interesting for fear of being lambasted for mentioning something that has already been posted? As well as this, tribi explicitly stated that he was aware of the fact that this could well have been posted before, but that he hasn't been here very long, so he wouldn't know.

BASICALLY: THERE'S NO NEED FOR ANYONE TO FALL OUT HERE. CHILL, LIKE.
luke

Post by luke »

I think Jcycle was referring to tribi9 saying "Yeah well, fuck you too!". That's the worst come back ever.
tribi9
Administrator

Post by tribi9 »

BacchusPaul wrote:I sort of see where both parties are coming from here.

On one hand: it's really quite annoying that the same things come up time and time again, and that the discussion on them is old tired, and fairly redundant. Everybody who has been here a while knows what everyone else thinks about that guitar, or say, the Vintage Jagmaster/Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Strat hybrid yoke.

On the other hand: How the fuck can a noob be expected to know what has been posted before? I mean: would we rather a someone who hasn't been here so long hold back something that is actually interesting for fear of being lambasted for mentioning something that has already been posted? As well as this, tribi explicitly stated that he was aware of the fact that this could well have been posted before, but that he hasn't been here very long, so he wouldn't know.

BASICALLY: THERE'S NO NEED FOR ANYONE TO FALL OUT HERE. CHILL, LIKE.
You da man!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

This is true, although: It's not cool to lambast people for posting something that they think is cool, just because you have seen it before. Fuck, do you think any of us are ever going to pull a guitar from ebay that Jcyphe hasn't seen yet? doubtful.

As I said: Would we rather have new people not post something genuinely interesting and have us miss out because of an atmosphere where people don't feel comfortable posting stuff? In the first post he said he that weve probably seen this before, but he hadn't. I think it was worth him posting, even though no-one here is impressed.

I'm not looking to take sides in anything though, I just think that people should post whatever they want, as long as it's guitar/amp/music/other-nerdy-shit based.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

BacchusPaul wrote:This is true, although: It's not cool to lambast people for posting something that they think is cool, just because you have seen it before. Fuck, do you think any of us are ever going to pull a guitar from ebay that Jcyphe hasn't seen yet? doubtful.
Once or twice and I let it slide, but like I said there are like 2 or 3 newbs doing multiple threads. How are they supposed to know they're being redundant, if nobody tells them?

Also if some noob cares what I say, grow a pair. Everybody who posts here got the business from Jag-Stang days, even me. I don't really think I need to explain myself. I don't want the forum cluttered with lame threads, cause some NEWB is gonna get his ovaries bruised.
Last edited by jcyphe on Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

BacchusPaul wrote:Fuck, do you think any of us are ever going to pull a guitar from ebay that Jcyphe hasn't seen yet? doubtful.
There are links I've seen before on here all the time. If it's not interesting I usually don't say anything. But these are threads about guitars that have literally been posted more than 10 different times.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

jcyphe wrote:
BacchusPaul wrote:This is true, although: It's not cool to lambast people for posting something that they think is cool, just because you have seen it before. Fuck, do you think any of us are ever going to pull a guitar from ebay that Jcyphe hasn't seen yet? doubtful.
Once or twice and I let it slide, but like I said there are like 2 or 3 newbs doing multiple threads. How are they supposed to know they're being redundant, if nobody tells them?

Also if you care what I say, grow a pair. Everybody who posts here got the business from Jag-Stang days, even me. I don't really think I need to explain myself. I don't want the forum cluttered with lame threads, cause some NEWB is gonna get his ovaries bruised.
Your first paragraph: This is an understandable reaction. However, if we run with it, the only conclusion I can arrive at (tell me of you see another) is that we have some sort of index of guitars that have already been posted. This is obviously unworkable.

Your second paragraph: This paragraph does not make sense, and does not seem to have a singular point of persuasion to aim at. I are what you say, I don't think I need to post about my supposed lack of testicals. The reference to JS.com is confusing, and could do with clarification. Whether or not you think you need to explain yourself is irrelevant, you attacked a new comer. Rather than contribute nothing to the thread, you have decided to contribute something negative. Nobody wants the forum cluttered by lame threads, but how is a person to know what you consider lame? The comment about some NEWB getting his ovaries bruies is also confusing.
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

BacchusPaul wrote:The comment about some NEWB getting his ovaries bruies is also confusing.
Both comments about testes and ovaries were aimed at noobs, not you. And I think they're pretty clear.

What really is there to add to this thread, except negativity!
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

What, that noobs who don't know what guitars we have/haven't seen ought to grow a pair, or risk getting their ovaries bruised?

Again: I'm not going to fall out with anybody, you are genuinely one of my favourite posters on here. I just can't understand why you would negatively effect a thread by a (relative) noob rather than just ignore it. I understand that it can be frustrating to be led to shitty ebay links time and time again, but surely you would forgive this in a noob, as opposed to DDD, who commonly links to all sorts of shite?
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

BacchusPaul wrote:What, that noobs who don't know what guitars we have/haven't seen ought to grow a pair, or risk getting their ovaries bruised?
I'll forget about it as soon as he stops doing it, the Jcycle don't hold no grudges.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

jcyphe wrote:
BacchusPaul wrote:What, that noobs who don't know what guitars we have/haven't seen ought to grow a pair, or risk getting their ovaries bruised?
I'll forget about it as soon as he stops doing it, the Jcycle don't hold no grudges.
Fair enough.

This sounds awfully like some sort of hazing process.
Will
Up on his Whore Lore

Post by Will »

Alright, now I'm gonna go start a thread about this:
BTW, anyone tried one of these? Does get teh Kurdtz?
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Ah... The use of "gay" as a pejorative is so high school, dude.
By the way, could it be that you're selling that Cyclone for parts on ebay?
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

tribi9 wrote:
timhulio wrote:Nice use of 'gay' as a derogatory term, ya fuckin nazi!
I meant gay as in lame, not as in Homosexual. I got nothing against gays, dude... u do what u got to do to get off, I couldn't give 2 shits.
Uhm, that'd eb kind of like if I started calling stupid ugly things "italian."
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury