J Mascis talks about his Jazzy

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Justin J

Post by Justin J »

westtexasred wrote:How about Tom Verlaine ?He was one of the early proponents of the Jazzmaster in the prepunk days.
i like that the talking heads were using shortscales back then.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Hurb is a fuckin' n00b!
I remember it from this video, from my observations they also drank Woodpecker Cider during this period (obviously because Sonic Youth did) :lol:
What is the black guitar then Hurb? Eh?

[youtube][/youtube]
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Fran wrote:Hurb is a fuckin' n00b!
I remember it from this video, from my observations they also drank Woodpecker Cider during this period (obviously because Sonic Youth did) :lol:
What is the black guitar then Hurb? Eh?

[youtube][/youtube]
I cant do all your research for you ....you fuckin noobz!
benecol

Post by benecol »

Fran wrote:
benecol wrote:
Fran wrote:But when Cobain became a housewives favourate, Fender Japan reissued their finest and as they say; the rest is history.

Bzzzzzzt BLUFF! Fender Japan were re-issuing Jags from the mid-late eighties - Kevin Shields's first JM was a MIJ. Aaaaanyhow, lt's not have an old man fight. Are you on about the Rollercoaster Tour (Blur, JAMC, Dinosaur Jr and MBV)? I saw that too!
Hahah. Whouse been doing his homework? Proof on the shields MIJ for the benefit of anyone remotely interested would be nice.
Okay, you know what point i was making? I presume you was around and saw things evolve, there was a reason and i am right. Its not about Ranaldo and never was, never will be.
Yeah, i saw the rollercoaster tour and some shows before and after.
Go here:

http://www.mybloodyvalentine.net/press/ ... apr93.html

Look about halfway down the page:

How did each of you discover Fender Jaguars and/or Jazzmasters?
KS: I've had a Japanese one since '82.

Then KISS MY FUCKING SQUIRREL.

I love that interview, two of the grumpiest fibbers in the world, and also the reason I spurn humbuckers as a matter of principle. And yes, I know that's stupid.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

benecol wrote:
Fran wrote:
benecol wrote:

Bzzzzzzt BLUFF! Fender Japan were re-issuing Jags from the mid-late eighties - Kevin Shields's first JM was a MIJ. Aaaaanyhow, lt's not have an old man fight. Are you on about the Rollercoaster Tour (Blur, JAMC, Dinosaur Jr and MBV)? I saw that too!
Hahah. Whouse been doing his homework? Proof on the shields MIJ for the benefit of anyone remotely interested would be nice.
Okay, you know what point i was making? I presume you was around and saw things evolve, there was a reason and i am right. Its not about Ranaldo and never was, never will be.
Yeah, i saw the rollercoaster tour and some shows before and after.
Go here:

http://www.mybloodyvalentine.net/press/ ... apr93.html

Look about halfway down the page:

How did each of you discover Fender Jaguars and/or Jazzmasters?
KS: I've had a Japanese one since '82.

Then KISS MY FUCKING SQUIRREL.

I love that interview, two of the grumpiest fibbers in the world, and also the reason I spurn humbuckers as a matter of principle. And yes, I know that's stupid.
YOU COULD ALSO JUST READ MY FUCKIN POST AND REALISE THAT YOUR ALL FUCKIN N0000bz!

You fuckin noobz!
benecol

Post by benecol »

I read your post you big lug, I just backed it up with the cold blue steel of flinty fucking fact.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Yeah, STFU NOOB! You never saw any of them bands, show us ticket stubs or it did'nt happen. Plus, you never knew MBV drank Woodpecker Cider.

Them interviews are bollocks anyway, i used to do E's with Kev Shields and Belinda and they never said all that.

Both of you are wrong.

ROLF.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

What's your outlook on technique, J? Do you practice?
JM: [as if emerging from a deep sleep] Ahhhh, in what sense?

What do you do to keep your chops up?
JM: Chops? I don't have chops. Who do you think I am, Yngwie?

Come on, you can play some lead guitar.
JM: Mmmmwwwell, I've been screwed up all year from touring. I don't know--some kind of tendinitis or whatever.

Cramping?
JM: No, my hand is just kind of weak--but weak because it's too strong. The muscles are too big and the tissue around them squeezes them. So you feel weak, but your arm's actually too overdeveloped. It's weird.
I know this feeling exactly, not from guitar playing but from having a job where you have to do physical labor everyday. It's like your muscles are always tired because they never catch up with all the work they're doing because you keep pushing them more and more everyday.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Fran wrote:Yeah, STFU NOOB! You never saw any of them bands, show us ticket stubs or it did'nt happen. Plus, you never knew MBV drank Woodpecker Cider.

Them interviews are bollocks anyway, i used to do E's with Kev Shields and Belinda and they never said all that.

Both of you are wrong.

ROLF.
you just wish you had my youth you fuckin noob!
when we go see mbv this summer, I'm gonna go see the band backstage and say this my uncle fran he's a really big fan, and then I'm gonna say "he's a fuckin NOOB!!!"
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Lol. I taught Kev everything he knows, i put him onto PDS Delays and Offsets. I remember when he was a NOOB like u, so he may sympathize with you.
FUCK YOU NOOB!~
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Fran wrote:Lol. I taught Kev everything he knows, i put him onto PDS Delays and Offsets. I remember when he was a NOOB like u, so he may sympathize with you.
FUCK YOU NOOB!~
hahah OK THIS COULD GO ON AND ON AND ON.
Did you hear the mbv cover myself kim and more cowbell did fran? I cant remember if you checked it or not? It shows how I am not a FIUCKNOOBBZXOU! :lol:
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Hurb wrote:
Fran wrote:Lol. I taught Kev everything he knows, i put him onto PDS Delays and Offsets. I remember when he was a NOOB like u, so he may sympathize with you.
FUCK YOU NOOB!~
Did you hear the mbv cover myself kim and more cowbell did fran? I cant remember if you checked it or not? It shows how I am not a FIUCKNOOBBZXOU! :lol:
No pm me the link dude, i've been shit for a while a checking peoples stuff.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

Fran wrote:
Hurb wrote:
FUCK YOU NOOB!~
it was on the last shortscale compilation i will upload the tune for you.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Hurb wrote:
Fran wrote:
Hurb wrote: hahah OK THIS COULD GO ON AND ON AND ON.
it was on the last shortscale compilation i will upload the tune for you.
Cheers. I'll give it a blast tomorrow! ;)
Sloan
Sexy Predator

Post by Sloan »

FUCK ANYTHING HAVING TO DO WITH THIS PRICK'S AZZMASTER.

HAET.
benecol

Post by benecol »

In fairness to Hurb, if you look very carefully at the sleeve of Loveless, you can just make out that it's an Ibanez...

Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

haahhahahahaha
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Brilliant.

I <3 benecol.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I don't see it :(
benecol

Post by benecol »

Watched Fuzz yet? I neeeed someone to work out what the mystery Mayer fuzz is.