favorite mustangs?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Auriemma

Post by Auriemma »

Leave it as is. Why mess with it.

But my favorite color combo... IS MINE!
Ty

Post by Ty »

Auriemma wrote:Leave it as is. Why mess with it.

But my favorite color combo... IS MINE!
time to start quoting the crap out of this again!
Auriemma

Post by Auriemma »

Sorry, it was too easy.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I love that Mustang.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

HLY SHIT BROZ

i got the body in the ups today, and it is fucking bad ass. the color is so great. it's like placid lake sherwood green. not a combination, like THAT FUCKIN COLOR BRO

i will get better pics. they may be so good, prepare to shit yerselves.

what color stripe for lake sherwood placid green
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
Ty

Post by Ty »

Auriemma wrote:Sorry, it was too easy.
I'm sure the majority of SS is craving that stang'o'yours. I know I am........
I'm guessing since the compstripes on LPB stangs is kind of like a daphne blue, go with a almost surf greenish color.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

silly_rabbit_band wrote:I'm guessing since the compstripes on LPB stangs is kind of like a daphne blue, go with a almost surf greenish color.
YES
Ty

Post by Ty »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:
silly_rabbit_band wrote:I'm guessing since the compstripes on LPB stangs is kind of like a daphne blue, go with a almost surf greenish color.
YES
Can't wait to see how this turns out.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

BROZ & HOZ:

got the 73 crustang body and 78 boneronco neck in yesterday and today respectively. the neck wouldn't properly seat into the neck pocket, and after some investigation i found a chunk of what appeared to be a sort of extremely thin shim on the pickguard-horn side of the neck pocket. fuck, that is really confusing. i have pics, but i didn't get them uploaded before i left for work AND FUCKING FLOPPY IS AT HOAM.

i was able to chisel that piece out with a small flathead, and it came out, and the neck seats real nice into the pocket. so I FUCKN THOUGHT.

i measured from the middel of the bridge ferrule holes to the nut, and it's like 24 3/16". WTF DUDE

no amount of wedging or smedging or pushing or grunting would get it to go any further. WTF? am i measuring wrong? will poast pics tonight after pub-venture. friend who works for google is in town and he brought me a hat, so i have to go meet up with him. DUH

TIA, i'm sure i'm just fucking something up here.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

hotrodperlmutter wrote:BROZ & HOZ:

got the 73 crustang body and 78 boneronco neck in yesterday and today respectively. the neck wouldn't properly seat into the neck pocket, and after some investigation i found a chunk of what appeared to be a sort of extremely thin shim on the pickguard-horn side of the neck pocket. fuck, that is really confusing. i have pics, but i didn't get them uploaded before i left for work AND FUCKING FLOPPY IS AT HOAM.

i was able to chisel that piece out with a small flathead, and it came out, and the neck seats real nice into the pocket. so I FUCKN THOUGHT.

i measured from the middel of the bridge ferrule holes to the nut, and it's like 24 3/16". WTF DUDE

no amount of wedging or smedging or pushing or grunting would get it to go any further. WTF? am i measuring wrong? will poast pics tonight after pub-venture. friend who works for google is in town and he brought me a hat, so i have to go meet up with him. DUH

TIA, i'm sure i'm just fucking something up here.
You're measuring it wrong. You don't measure from the ferrules, because that is not where the string resonates. It resonates on the bridge saddles, which are further forward. Your guitar will intonate perfectly. The strings vibrate between the nut and the saddle.

Also: You fuckin' n00b.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

+ shim = happier guitar. It's in there for a reason.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Thomas wrote:+ shim = happier guitar. It's in there for a reason.
it's not a 'shim' really, it's a 'make it snugger piece of buggery." it's on the side, not on the bottom of the neck pocket. the neck wouldn't even fit in there with it on. so unless the reason is to CRAMP MAH FUKN STYLE, i would say no.
Last edited by hotrodperlmutter on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Mike wrote:You're measuring it wrong. You don't measure from the ferrules, because that is not where the string resonates. It resonates on the bridge saddles, which are further forward. Your guitar will intonate perfectly. The strings vibrate between the nut and the saddle.

Also: You fuckin' n00b.
ouch, cut me deep. i didn't remember if the bridge came straight up or had an angle (although i understand the theory behind intonation). thanks for the info.