Limited '85 edition Rat

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Chicago Mike

Post by Chicago Mike »

Pens wrote:Bout time. I already have an '86 Rat with the original electronics, so it's exactly like this, and honestly it remains as my favorite dirt box ever after 13 years.

I highly recommend this.
Same here and it's been my go to stompbox since I got it 5 years ago. It's a tank, sounds killer, only thing is it's own power adapter. Don't like that I can't run it off my tuner.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Chicago Mike wrote:
Pens wrote:Bout time. I already have an '86 Rat with the original electronics, so it's exactly like this, and honestly it remains as my favorite dirt box ever after 13 years.

I highly recommend this.
Same here and it's been my go to stompbox since I got it 5 years ago. It's a tank, sounds killer, only thing is it's own power adapter. Don't like that I can't run it off my tuner.
I just got a OneSpot that has an adapter for it.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

James wrote:I like when companies do this sort of thing. I'm very surprised Boss hasn't done a 'classic' line and re-made a few of the pedals that go for silly money today.
yea, that's roland though, so they won't. think of all the classic roland products they could reissue. there's so many. just about every synthesizer they made in the '80s is a classic. and then there are the drum machines, etc. they are sitting on a huge amount of incredible products but they don't think about it that way. they only make new products inspired by the old ones. never any kind of legitimate reissue. boss is headed more and more in this direction as well with more digital pedals being released all the time. I really don't get it.

like is the chorus on the jc120 even the original analog deal anymore? and that is the most coveted analog chorus ever, yet they just phased it out. like, huh?
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
cobascis

Post by cobascis »

What's the difference in circuit from this vs. the reissue big box rat from like 2005?
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

mage wrote:yea, that's roland though, so they won't.
Boss is Roland. Boss is just a brand name Roland use. There's no difference at all.
Shabba.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

um yes, I know...
James wrote:I'm very surprised Boss hasn't done a 'classic' line
mage wrote:yea, that's roland though, so they won't.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

What's the difference? There are classic Boss pedals as well as ones branded Roland. The company could easily re-issue a few of those.
Shabba.
lank81

Post by lank81 »

Pens wrote:
Chicago Mike wrote:

I highly recommend this.
I just got a OneSpot that has an adapter for it.
Any issues with unwanted noise? I know the adapters for the EHX pedals could cause some noise at times.
Peace & Chicken Grease
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

James wrote:What's the difference? There are classic Boss pedals as well as ones branded Roland. The company could easily re-issue a few of those.
eh sorry, I guess that was a confusing sentence. my point was the entire company behaves in a way that doesn't lead you to believe they will reissue anything.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Ah, I see.

You can't complain too much I guess. They still come out with new and interesting things, or at least new and interesting takes on things like the PS5 and loop station. They also sortof re-issued the space echo doing the mini version.

It just seems odd that they have all these pedals people covet, no modern equivilants and they don't do anything about it.
Shabba.