SX guitars

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

Black Cat Bone wrote:
Fran wrote:
Black Cat Bone wrote:If anyone gets a tele post a review as I might dew it one day
+1.
I'm restraining myself... for now, although i feel i need a cheap sweetener for letting my Toronado go yesterday.

Lol @ them videos, the guys can play its just the characters you see on Youtube. On the subject of Wesley and videos i found a video of myself in 20 years time :lol: ...

[youtube][/youtube]
OMG J MASCIS ENDORSES WESLEY?!
I dont know who is the coolest in WesleyMascis or telecasterCol in the Freeport video. I think i want to form a band with telecasterCol 8)
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

Black Cat Bone wrote:
nwordjim wrote:I can get any of these sir
OOh cool! Where's .ie? Is that a shop near you? Okay I'll be up for that within a couple maybe 3 months for sure. Might need to sell some stuff first!
.ie is Ireland. I'm in Dublin, Ireland.
Last edited by pumpkin on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

nwordjim wrote:I went in looking for one of these

There's another shop, a bigger one, that stocks them as well. I will go out tomorrow and see if I can find one
The one in the photo above is an older model .The newer ones have a headstock and body shape like this.

pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

Black Cat Bone wrote:Image
That reminds me of this.

That reminds me of this:

This is Duane Trower's "Yugo" guitar. He's in my favorite band, Season to Risk.

It's a Fender Strat, a pick guard-less one Fender made in 80s to cash in on the hair metal shredder market. He chopped up himself.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

westtexasred wrote:The one in the photo above is an older model .The newer ones have a headstock and body shape like this.
I'd take either to be honest.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

nwordjim wrote:
Black Cat Bone wrote:
nwordjim wrote:I can get any of these sir
OOh cool! Where's .ie? Is that a shop near you? Okay I'll be up for that within a couple maybe 3 months for sure. Might need to sell some stuff first!
Seriously I'm giving up on my brain today. It hurts lake an anus full of fire ants and my IQ is crawling about on the floor, dribbling bile and furiously masturbating. Gonna have to go buy beer to sort this shit out.

Always wanted to visit dublin and make out like some literary intellectual type and quote Joyce and all that shizzle. An maybe get pissed. Definately pissed.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

Black Cat Bone wrote:
nwordjim wrote:
Black Cat Bone wrote: OOh cool! Where's .ie? Is that a shop near you? Okay I'll be up for that within a couple maybe 3 months for sure. Might need to sell some stuff first!
Seriously I'm giving up on my brain today. It hurts lake an anus full of fire ants and my IQ is crawling about on the floor, dribbling bile and furiously masturbating. Gonna have to go buy beer to sort this shit out.

Always wanted to visit dublin and make out like some literary intellectual type and quote Joyce and all that shizzle. An maybe get pissed. Definately pissed.
Actually DUblin sucks, Ireland is great, but Dublin sucks. I hate living here. I only live here because the money is outrageously high. Cork, is a great place. Visit Cork, or Galway, or Kerry.
TheBurbz

Post by TheBurbz »

That pink 3/4 strat is the one I want, it's only $50 but when I went to order it last week I was told I MUST buy a case when ordering a guitar to be sent overseas, plus the shipping was $78. Overall it came to almost $200 for guitar, case and shipping so it's a no go for now.
Are you a Wizard?
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

TheBurbz wrote:That pink 3/4 strat is the one I want, it's only $50 but when I went to order it last week I was told I MUST buy a case when ordering a guitar to be sent overseas, plus the shipping was $78. Overall it came to almost $200 for guitar, case and shipping so it's a no go for now.
You're in the U.K. I betcha Waltons.ie could get you one... Shipping would be cheaper
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

My long term plan is to get one of these SX 24" strats, make some templates and build my dream 70's big headstock oly white strat. Love the look of those things.

As an aside there was a great thread by someone who got a white SX strat and did some upgrades to the trem block and stuff and I cannnot seem to locate it - anyone remember what it was called?
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
TheBurbz

Post by TheBurbz »

nwordjim wrote:
TheBurbz wrote:That pink 3/4 strat is the one I want, it's only $50 but when I went to order it last week I was told I MUST buy a case when ordering a guitar to be sent overseas, plus the shipping was $78. Overall it came to almost $200 for guitar, case and shipping so it's a no go for now.
You're in the U.K. I betcha Waltons.ie could get you one... Shipping would be cheaper
Thanks for that, I found this: http://www.waltons.ie/Product/View.aspx?id=10579 listed on their site, I've emailed them asking for the scale length as this model doesn't appear to be on the Rondo Music site. I only want a 24" scale.
Are you a Wizard?
Grant

Post by Grant »

Black Cat Bone wrote:
nwordjim wrote:
Black Cat Bone wrote:If they get in any of those 24"strats lemme know dude.... Not the ones with the shart headstocks though!
I will
Thanks mate specifically this type:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEYVE GASHED UP THE HEADSTOCK ON IT the Ca-hUNTZ

okay then thisun will do:

1.5 inch nut. Getting this.

Edit: Also, this:

1.5 inch rosewood. Who cares about the headstock I don't.
pumpkin
on the road to bantown

Post by pumpkin »

"guitar power" lulz
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

scandoslav wrote:1.5 inch rosewood. Who cares about the headstock I don't.
Because one looks shit and one doesn't. Therefore there exists a choice. I choose 'not-shit' because Shit = Shit and not-shit = good. Stephen Hawkings gave these equations and you don't wanna piss off that motherfucker or he'll throw some moves on you.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Black Cat Bone wrote:
scandoslav wrote:1.5 inch rosewood. Who cares about the headstock I don't.
Because one looks shit and one doesn't. Therefore there exists a choice. I choose 'not-shit' because Shit = Shit and not-shit = good. Stephen Hawkings gave these equations and you don't wanna piss off that motherfucker or he'll throw some moves on you.
I'll see your Hawkings and raise you an Einstein. Consider these headstocks sockless. Image
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

the old headstocks looked worse. at least the new ones are kind of trying to do their own thing. the old ones were just frustratingly close to a real fender headstock. the new ones have uh... character. :)
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

I like my headstocks as close to a fender as possible. Fenders' headstock is how all headstocks should look. All headstocks.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
DICHOTOMY
BLOWN MINDS

Post by DICHOTOMY »

I WANT THE PANK ONE