i am hoarding OD/fuzz pedals

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

I've managed to curb back. At one point I had over 30 pedals.
ekwatts
A series of tubes

Post by ekwatts »

Danelectro French Toast.
Danelectro Mini-Amp pedal (a distortion when plugged in)
Wasabi Distortion.
EHX Holy Stain.

That's about it. I actually don't really have many distortions at all.
Brandon W wrote:you elites.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

Behringer BOD (boss ODB-3 clone)
Old black Marshall Guv'nor
Saltbooster
currently awaiting a French Toast.
Mustang Melx

Post by Mustang Melx »

mmm, I have a real problem with fuzz collecting, so much so that I had to start making my own... because I can't afford to buy them. :lol:

built a fuzzrite the other day.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Mustang Melx on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

I has

TS7
Little Big Muff (formerly of robOG)
French Toast
Dano Peach Fuzz
Dist + (atari style)
Rockson Super Overdrive (SD-1 clone)
homemade fuzzface

overdrive pedals are pretty much the most useful pedals you can have.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
Haze

Post by Haze »

I've tried a few different flavours but currently I've kept these around.

MBM OCD/DLS combo
MBM Sunface Fuzz
MBM Bluesberry Hotcake (freaks out on higher gains but low gain is great)
LPB-1
Metlal Zone

the OCD/DLS keeps me satisfied for gigging but I keep looking at all if the awesome dirt boxes that Brian Wompler makes. Everything from his AC30 type pedal to the tripple wreck and the Marshall type pedals and even a Dumble sounding one. It's addicting but my pocketbook tries to keep me in check.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

i used to have a metalzone, used it on bass, i sold it but sometimes i miss it, the sound of it and the whole story why i got it is such nostalgia toon it's too 'well lined' and sterile sounding for guitar to my taste but i would get one again if i had money to spare, just for the sake of it, but mainly bass use.

still searching for the ulitmate fuzz, blackout effecotrs musket seems to be pretty much what i need right now, crush the button was out of stock and offered me that double pedal but it's so exspensive so in a way i'm glad i didn't buy it if it was in stock. though still lusting after it.

still need to check big muff with tone wicker but i'd rather have knobs than switches, sensitive knobs, much more versatility than switches.
lorez

Post by lorez »

well my count at the moment is 4:

Dano TOD (used as a boost primarily)
MBM DLS
MBM GreenMuff
Homemade FuzzFace

I have been eyeing up a few of the catalinbread pedals especially the new Formula 5
plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

Only three at the moment, with one more on the way.

MXR GT-OD
Effector13 2ADD
Danelectro Black Liquorice
Dwarfcraft Shiva (on it's way)

Not too bad, I suppose. But I also have at least that many more which I'd happily buy if I had the money.
goldengurls

Post by goldengurls »

the rat and mxr dist + I have are more than enough OD for me, I wonder why I keep picking up more, I mean yes on recordings a subtle difference in OD tone is cool here and there. I just don't know if the extra 7 fuzzes are worth holding onto
mustang afflicted duo sonic II junkie.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Post by endsjustifymeans »

Haze wrote: Metlal Zone
Well done, takes a big man to admit that.
dots wrote:society is crumbling because of asshoels like ends
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

goldengurls wrote:I just don't know if the extra 7 fuzzes are worth holding onto
Of couse not. Therefore I'll take them off your hands for $20. ;)
brainfur wrote:I'm having difficulty reconciling my desire to smash the state & kill all white people with my desire for a new telecaster
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

um.. just realised i have quite a few dirt pedals too.

ibanez TS-5
dano TOD
dano peach fuzz thingy
green sovtek big muff wot mike built
fulltone OCD wot mike also built
EHX NY big muff
fulltone distortion pro
zvex fuzz factory
dwarfcraft great destroyer
behringer blues driver thingy
and a cheap distortion made by a company called frontline that sounds a bit like a DS-1.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Tim, what is this Utility Perk you are referring to?

My "board" is two RATs and a Boss tuner, however I also own and use a Behringer Acoustic sim and their SansAmp clone pedals for bedroom practice.

I used to build pedals and have built so many variant dirt boxes that just reused the same box housing as I was kinda broke with that hobby, and I scavenged circuits for parts for other ones. I don't really have any of them now. I recently found 4 different unhoused circuit boards for dirt boxes but some are missing parts and others have bad solder joints. I keep meaning to get the original Pungent Buzz circuit housed again as that was my favorite custom design.

I've been thinking about a new Distortion pedal recently, though.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

Pens wrote:Tim, what is this Utility Perk you are referring to?

My "board" is two RATs and a Boss tuner, however I also own and use a Behringer Acoustic sim and their SansAmp clone pedals for bedroom practice.

I used to build pedals and have built so many variant dirt boxes that just reused the same box housing as I was kinda broke with that hobby, and I scavenged circuits for parts for other ones. I don't really have any of them now. I recently found 4 different unhoused circuit boards for dirt boxes but some are missing parts and others have bad solder joints. I keep meaning to get the original Pungent Buzz circuit housed again as that was my favorite custom design.

I've been thinking about a new Distortion pedal recently, though.
It's a harmonic perc that he's done something strange too. Last time I asked him about it, he said if I already had a harmonic perc, the util perc isn't much worth it. I think it's a bit harsher distortion maybe?
goldengurls

Post by goldengurls »

endsjustifymeans wrote:
goldengurls wrote:I just don't know if the extra 7 fuzzes are worth holding onto
rofl
:D
I would want to keep the weirdest one whcih is a boss 80's bass distortion, it is capable of PURE EVIL
mustang afflicted duo sonic II junkie.
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

ends: Did you every buy the Behringer ODN clone? I remember you talking about it.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

BacchusPaul wrote:ends: Did you every buy the Behringer ODN clone? I remember you talking about it.
I ordered one, and then it didn't come for 4 weeks. When I contactyed the shop they were like, "oops, we're out of stock."

They sent me my money back and I still haven't reordered the damn thing. They're such a pain to get hold of for some reason. I had a good line on a real Boss one, but that also fell through. It's pretty annoying, considering how much I want it.
endsjustifymeans
Grown Up Punk

goldengurls wrote:
endsjustifymeans wrote:
rofl
:D
I would want to keep the weirdest one whcih is a boss 80's bass distortion, it is capable of PURE EVIL
Lol, that sounds interesting. what pedal is that?
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

endsjustifymeans wrote:
BacchusPaul wrote:ends: Did you every buy the Behringer ODN clone? I remember you talking about it.
I ordered one, and then it didn't come for 4 weeks. When I contactyed the shop they were like, "oops, we're out of stock."

They sent me my money back and I still haven't reordered the damn thing. They're such a pain to get hold of for some reason. I had a good line on a real Boss one, but that also fell through. It's pretty annoying, considering how much I want it.
Argh, nightmare. I bought mine basically on a whim because I knew how good the Boss version was, I had £25 going spare, and I was going into town anyway.