Deluxe Bass Big Muff

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Brandon W

Post by Brandon W »

Ankhanu wrote:
brandonwinmill wrote:I have been playing bass lately and experimenting. The only way i can get the tones i'm after is to double track the bass clean and then with the effects and pan them hard both directions. I love the way a regular big muff sounds and the way my old rat sounds with a bass but the bottom end is fucking gone. The problem is playing it perfectly with and without the effect. I'm sure most "real" musicians don't have trouble but i do. I have been playing the bass parts once and using a sound toys plug-in to get it close and then i have the exact same part with and without the effect. It's just not exactly the fuzz or drive i want and i'm so damn picky. Maybe this new muff will keep the low end better but with fuzz and then i'd get one! Thanks
Use an A/B/Y pedal or a stereo effect pedal in the line, record the clean and effected signals simultaneously - perfect match.
I am doing/did this with my Bass VI parts in my band's album (still tracking); I used my Boss CEB-3 to split my signal, sent one channel to my Twin Reverb and one channel to a SansAmp. Twin gives a nice balanced, though slightly less fundamental, tone with reverb, the SansAmp gives me all the standard bass goodness.
You can do the same sort of thing, but put your dirt after the split.

I've been basically doing this in practice too, splitting and biamping with my Twin and Peavey T-Max. It's wicked, and when I engage the chorus, the stereo effect is pretty neat too.
That is a great idea. My friend has been running his live setup on guitar in stereo and it sounds amazing. It would almost be the same principal. I use a tech 21 para di and i could split them after the di and then put the effect on only one. I think that would work awesome. I like the tech 21 for eq and i could still use it. Thank you.
cur wrote:I need it to be smaller or I get shitty messages from mezz telling me my junk's too big.
Chico Malo wrote:This thread just went down the toilet. Bye
iCEByTes wrote:Carrot´s and pussy party ((run))