Does anybody else think Kurt Cobain worship is annoying?

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

Does the shortscale fandom go too far with the Kurt Cobain worship?

Yes, it's similar to Dimebag Darell worship
35%
Yes, but it's not that bad
8%
No, but there are a few people who are too obsessed
57%

Total votes: 37
George

Post by George »

the charisma and charm loss is off the scale
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

**pens**
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

Anybody got pictures of that ridiculous Jag-stang with EMGs and glued in RG neck thing that that n00b did, ages ago?

Sometimes being an yourself and having the rockcock for teh krutz are just naturally at odds with eachother.
Last edited by laterallateral on Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 115,726 times in total
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

my soapstang
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

this is what shortscale.org is about. not kurdtz worship. shortscale worship

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

its about taking your guitar to home depot to have it color matched to paint your bedroom

robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

its about not locking up your gear in a closet. its about modding it, playing it hard, and the more fucked up it gets, the more you love it.

Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

I really don't see this problem so much these days at ALL. If anything the Mustang/Jag/Jazz demographic has become synonymous with 'indie-alt' music of all stripes and ages. Sure if your sample data is entirely restricted to the members of Jag-stang.com but i can't remember the last time i saw a teh KURTZ on yourtube when seraching for stangs, and certainly not here on SHortscale.

I have to echo the sentiment that the moaning about it is as tiresome as the actual thing moaned about. At the end of the day does it really matter really matter? Didn't we all have a ludicrous guitar hero when we were 15? Why SHOULDN'T we have a ludicrous guitar hero at 15? Okay it IS a bit amusing and silly to my old bloke eyes but I went thorugh the same kind of thing back then.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Cymbaline

Post by Cymbaline »

As for Kurts signature guitars, they are unique enough to not be classified as shameless exploitation, as would be the case if they were exactly stock run of the mill mustangs/jags with his signature on the guitar somewhere. THAT would be lame.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

othomas2 wrote:Image
HAHAHAHA! I never tire of looking at that wonky-ass abortion of a guitar.
Addam

Post by Addam »

Noisy Cat wrote:Cobain suicide note Mustang. Full link (scroll down).

Made me laugh, though for some reason I don't think it's supposed to be funny.

I'm just glad nobody is selling a Kurt Cobain Signature Shotgun.

The Kurtz worship isn't a unique phenomenon, I've seen it on other guitar forums.
People asking stupid questions on how to sound like Jimmy Page or Stevie Ray Vaughan or *insert name of favorite musician*.
The kurtz thing is seems to be more profilic and is probably more visible due to this being a forum for shortscale guitars.
On a Strat forum, they probably want to sound like Clapton or Hendrix or David Gilmour or whoever.
Unlikely to find Kurtz kids on there asking questions about what pots he had in the vandalism Strat...
I avoid Jagstang.com totally these days, cos it just annoys the fuck out of me.
I am a Nirvana fan, and used to own a Jagstang, but that forum is like fucking groundhog day...
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

While we're into the Kurtz thing I did genuinely admire this recently, its one I've fancied making a replica of.... aside form the Jags / stangs etc.

He played Strats a hell of a lot !!

[youtube][/youtube]
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Love my kurtstang

Don't really love kurt

Don't love no sloan option. This REALLY needs one
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Call it teh Kurdtz if you will but I must put JBs in everything. The sound is just too good haha. And cobain had a good taste in guitars. It's gotten to a point where I'm so sick of listening to nirvana now, I have to be just in the mood but his guitars are still going to be awesome. Good taste. Good taste.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
HNB

Post by HNB »

I don't mind who people worship or emulate as long as it doesn't impact me or cause people to try to impose their views or expectations on me. You do your thing and I do mine. I do like the Nirvana music and such. I like the guitar customization, but I don't feel like I am obsessive or anything, but if I was, who cares? If I want to go out and buy replicas of all his gear and record covers, it wouldn't hurt anyone. No one has to watch them all. I think hero worship in general can get unhealthy, but musicians have fans just like other famous people. There are bound to be people who emulate. Just how it goes. :)
othomas2

Post by othomas2 »

Can't think of anything worse than a JB humbucker. :?
HNB

Post by HNB »

I prefer the superdistortion. I like other bridge pickups as well, but I do like the superdistortion. The JB just sounds too mid heavy. I am giving it another go in my ADH Jaguar though since I already have it. Hopefully it grows on me.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

laterallateral wrote:**pens**
Goddammit, keep me out of this thread unless the above usage is the proper usage, showing disapproval.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now