Boss CE-2w

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

singlepup

Post by singlepup »

johnnyseven wrote:I'm not really a fan of the CE2, but this new CE2W does have CE1 chorus and vibrato modes which is a pretty good extra IMO.
These pedals are on preorder now, and some stores already have them. I have been wanting a new chorus pedal, and I think this is the one. I agree with J7; the CE-1 chorus and vibrato modes are most attractive. Loving this demo from Sweetwater:

[youtube][/youtube]
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

My only concern is that I might like the Mooer pedal Noirie mentioned just as well... not sure if I should cheap out or not.

Thoughts?

[youtube][/youtube]

There's an offering from Joyo too:
[youtube][/youtube]
Noirie.
YOUTH

Post by Noirie. »

get the mooer. I miss mine. Only sold cause broketimes.
theshadowofseattle wrote:less being WOKE
more being STOKED
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

Treat yourself and get the Boss. OK, it's not cheap, but stomping on a Boss just feels like you thought it would when you were 12, dreaming about your first metalzone. Plus, resale will be easy.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

You two are like the two different voices in my head. Goddamn it.
Fran
The Curmudgeon

Post by Fran »

gusman2x wrote:Treat yourself and get the Boss. OK, it's not cheap, but stomping on a Boss just feels like you thought it would when you were 12, dreaming about your first metalzone. Plus, resale will be easy.
Metal Zone? Don't you mean DS-1?
Every child dreams of owning a DS-1, it's one of life's first great disappointments.
dots
BADmin (he/him)

Post by dots »

:lol:

true...
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

You guys are going to love my pedal board:
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

What's that white shit on your pedalboard?

I don't remember being in the least bit disappointed when I got my DS-1. It was about 1990 though and I didn't give a fuck about toan.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

There's a pedal expo this weekend at a local guitar store and Boss will be there with all of the Waza pedals. I may have to go and compare my trusty CE-2 to the new one. If I do, I'll surely report back. I love my CE-2, its the first chorus I got that I instantly liked. The Small Clone sounds good, but I prefer the Boss.
singlepup

Post by singlepup »

Please do. After listening to that Sweetwater video again, I'm starting to prefer the original CE-2 to either the Waza's CE-2 or CE-1. A vintage CE-2 would be slightly cheaper as well, and Boss is probably the best brand out there for vintage gear. A Boss pedal could probably survive a nuclear explosion.
71Smallbox

Post by 71Smallbox »

singlepup wrote:Please do. After listening to that Sweetwater video again, I'm starting to prefer the original CE-2 to either the Waza's CE-2 or CE-1. A vintage CE-2 would be slightly cheaper as well, and Boss is probably the best brand out there for vintage gear. A Boss pedal could probably survive a nuclear explosion.
The main difference could be attributed to slight component drift, making the newer pedal sound brighter since everything is new and still in spec.