2017:The end of rosewood?

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

speedfish

Post by speedfish »

J0K1 wrote:If rosewood will no longer be available I think we need to buy more guitars now 8)
This idea merits further consideration.
Disciple of Pain

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"

"Born to Lose. Live to Win." Lemmy Kilmister
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

Lol watch they just never phase them out and only are saying this shit to sell more guitars.
NickS

Post by NickS »

They'll just replace it with baked apple, like Gibson when they had all their rosewood impounded.
Fakir Mustache

Post by Fakir Mustache »

NickS wrote:They'll just replace it with baked apple, like Gibson when they had all their rosewood impounded.
NickD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 pm
plopswagon wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:05 pm Fuck! My car runs on Tubes!
When you press the accelerator past halfway it doesn’t actually go any faster, but the engine noise distorts
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

A video about sustainable tone-woods and how they are trying to grow production figured maple.

[youtube][/youtube]
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

jcyphe wrote:A video about sustainable tone-woods and how they are trying to grow production figured maple.

[youtube][/youtube]
So maple wood is safe for now? thank god, I love maple neck guitars. But this thread is convincing me to hold onto all my rosewood fretboards in case shit hits the fan. Then maybe a nice price increase for them :D
Another start-up idea, try and make a start-up company to recycle rosewood guitars, for those stubborn old fashioned.
Also, I like the idea someone mentioned earlier with a Start-up company to create a woodless neck and/or body.
Lets see what time has in store for us.
And I'm down for a start up if the end of rosewood comes. I can see that as s potential thing to capitalize on.
Bertram Rose
brainfur

Post by brainfur »

i hope so maple fretboards are so much nicer anyway
George wrote:in the future there must be only guitars or only computers
theshadowofseattle wrote:TYPICAL AMERICAN BAND LIKE JAY Z, AXE BODY SPRAY, AND THE VENTURES.