Cindicaster: Officially "done"

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Reece

Post by Reece »

Aye, seems just a bit too far over the blue line.

It's still a delicious looking guitar, double bound tele bodies are incredible.
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

The neck looks gorgeous. Like where can I get one in lefty gorgeous.
euan
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

euan wrote:The neck looks gorgeous. Like where can I get one in lefty gorgeous.
T'was about $210 to do with binding/matching headstock/bone nut as part of the package, and I swear I'd get a truckload of 'em done for the ss.org kin if I could afford it, mate. It felt so good to hold and such, and the darker shade of rosewood it had somewhat assuaged my rage over the blueish scandal that seemed to unfold before my eyes.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

The neck looks lovely.

I have no idea what they were thinking with the body though. I probably would be kicking up a fuss about it, but then again, I am a bit of a cock at times.
Thom
lamp

Post by Thom »

It really does look a little too blue - real shame. However, the finish looks superb and really high quality.
The neck looks great too.
Justin J

Post by Justin J »

the blue would look good were the whole thing blue.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

bubbles_horwitz wrote:the blue would look good were the whole thing blue.
That's the argument I used in complaining at the shop: It would have been a cool shade if the top were Sonic Blue.
jer72deluxe

Post by jer72deluxe »

there is a lot of classic goodness coming from that and the workmanship looks great. too bad about the color, man
jcyphe

Post by jcyphe »

That bound tele neck is ridiculously hot.
paul_ wrote:When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Haze

Post by Haze »

i wouldn't worry about it, that neck looks amazingly good. :D
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

After some thinking and a little more, I have put the project on ice until color is remedied, however long it takes.

See you in one month, my love.

You will shine like the sun when the year is done.
James
Nutmeg

Post by James »

Good call. If you had decided to just carry on with you it would bug you endlessly (or at least, it would me if I was in your situation). Doing something as designed as that needs it to be done right. It's a great idea and should find a exy balance between being orante (two colour double bound body) and simple (block colours, tele...).
Shabba.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

James just spoke my mind, on all accounts.

Cindi was like, "the blue isn't that bad", but I was more concerned the incessant bugging I'd cause myself in the long run. Besides, we've got a room full of six-stringed gems so another few more weeks should garner just an early Christmas surprise for us, I reckon.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Mr. Ryu just called me, whetting my guitar tastebuds with a simple "it's done and greener than before".

Would have dropped by if the flu wasn't kicking my ass today and making my head thump like a Gustav Mahler migraine, so we'll see if Tylenol Cold and a good session of binaural beats tomorrow morning can get me in the mood to check things out. 1 hour 15 minute trips deep into West Seoul are never fun when living in the lovely suburbs while nursning a cold, but I believe we'll soon see the end of the teal blue tunnel. SOON AND VERY SOON.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Good things come to those who wait.

There's a nice slate/gray-green thing going on, although the below images display a really strong sherwood green tinge of sorts. All in all, it looks great in person, and the things will be done and ready to go home in just a matter of days. More to come, plus hopefully a video demo sooner than later.

Reece

Post by Reece »

**happy**

Much better, glad the paint issue got sorted.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Very nice indeed.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

Zaphod wrote:**happy**

Much better, glad the paint issue got sorted.
Yes indeed. Mr. Ryu was a bit tired of guessing after he saw my disappointment with try #2 (squealing teal!), and ended up trying out some new computer method for identifying and automatically mixing paint, based on several 6118 images he downloaded from the net. Seems to have done the trick, and just for fun he took a lipstick tube from his Kent Armstrong stock and custom wound it to 7.7k, mounting it to a Tele brass bottom for me to try out when it's over. The LP cup for the pickup selector was added as well out of necessity(too shallow for comfort, and wiring was going to be a mess), but fortunately the body is hollow all the way up through the upper bout, so it's extremely light at the moment.

Nice guy and cool shop, regardless of the speed bumps along the way in making this thing. We'll see very soon how things go.
BobArsecake
a mannequin made by madmen

Post by BobArsecake »

Wow! That's beautiful! :D Glad you're happy with it, too :D
euan
partynerd!

Post by euan »

hot stuff
euan