Thomann/HarleyBenton Tech21 Character Series Clones

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I think it kind of serves people right for 'buying boutique', its just an excuse to spend a lot of money on a variant on the same theme. I feel sorry for the people that were actually conned, like those that discovered it was a copy and were then denied a return, now thats bad.
Mike
I like EL34s

Post by Mike »

Well, see I'm not sure. Do I think £165 is overpriced? Of course, there's no doubt. But some people do like to buy pedals from small builders as they're supporting something independent and (they believe) apart as can be (parts aside) from mass production/faceless corporations etc. I imagine aside from the attraction of Custom work in the pedal aesthetic by Tim or the circuitry by me that the main draw of people buying my products is that I'm just one guy who drills and paints pedals in his parent's shed and solders in his bedroom in Hackney.

So I think what is most upsetting to me is the "built in the basement" shill they keep doling out - it's breeding general contempt for small builders and that's a shame. I provide gutshots so people can see that I'm a concientious builder and that I have nothing to hide, it seems now they'll also be useful to demonstrate I'm not rehousing Chinese mass produced pedals.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Oh I 100% support independent builders and the like, I should have phrased what I meant better. I was referring more to the over inflated price they were trying to sell these for.
Mike wrote:So I think what is most upsetting to me is the "built in the basement" shill they keep doling out - it's breeding general contempt for small builders and that's a shame. I provide gutshots so people can see that I'm a concientious builder and that I have nothing to hide, it seems now they'll also be useful to demonstrate I'm not rehousing Chinese mass produced pedals.
This is very true. I'm more suprised at how much hype was surrounding the pedals, lots of people on the internet were buying the alpha drive, and for it to turn out to be a £25 chinese pedal must have been a bit of a blow to consumer confidence.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

Outright con if you ask me. never putting money that dudes way ever. Label it for what it is and at a reasonable cost for labour that makes it worth your time, no more no less.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

I'm tempted to buy a harley benton/joyo drive, pay Mike, Tim or Haze to do the Freekish mods and then repaint is with the name FUCK FREEKISH BLUES DRIVE
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

I'm making a point of commenting as such on all Youtube videos for it, proper bullshit stuff.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

It's not just joyos either.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"