fake relic'd copy of that guitar of that guy

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

i've told myself to play 2hrs daily again and work on my chops, it's really embarrassing how i've always been choosing the easy option downtuning the top string to take one finger chords because i'm just lazy making it easy on myself. i thought for this demo shit i used to be remember nirvana songs when i was starting out like 9 years ago ? but now all that even the simple stuff is out of my memory. even for powerchords i use my index, ring and middle finger instead of pinky and keeping my middle finger for the upper strings, i just don't. i even have difficulty like that switching between power chords and full major and minor chords no kidding.
i don't want to play no steve vai but i need to push myself a bit more again.
doesn't seem like an issue with this guitar though, i love to just pick it up random because i love the feel of it. but having a bedroom amp with line out would be nice, playing without amplification you can't really tell what sounds nice live because you don't get those sweet overtones and unpredictable stuff amplification does.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Great demos, I'm very impressed by the range of this thing. I also love dots and binding, if I was in the market for a new Jaguar this would top the list.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

they seem to be ridiculed on lots of forums, must admit i do find it a bit ironic too a kurdtz signature, but putting that aside it has some great fucking features, very specific either loved or hated, i don't like the 'double' controls on both knobs plate and upper horn, but i like the toggle switch. and i don't find it bothering when playing. being right handed you could find a secondhand modded jag with similar features i guess, being left handed there's just no fucking way.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yeah this is a no-brainer, especially if you're a lefty.

The idea of a Kurdtz sig might be silly to some people but you can't argue with the actual guitar and specs of this thing. It stands on its own merit,sig or not.
taylornutt

Post by taylornutt »

I am glad you are liking your new guitar. I spotted both lefty and righty versions at Guitar Center this week:
J Mascis Jazzmaster | AVRI Jaguar | Tuxedo-stang |Fender Toronado GT |
Squier FSR Sparkle Jaguar | Squier CV Mustang |1971 Fender Bronco| Baja Telecaster |
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

8)

so funny..seeing the exact same aging job on two guitars, and mirrored hahaha. but the only awkward thing in that picture is the fucking sunburst strat, like some annoying person unwantedly popping up in picture corners
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

robroe wrote:
The A side features an edit of the 1991 megahit title track, with three more songs—“Drain You� (LP version), “Even in His Youth� and “Aneurysm�—on the B side
love even in his youth

[youtube][/youtube]
should have been on nevermind. ended up as a b-side on smells like teen spirit single.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

taylornutt wrote:I am glad you are liking your new guitar. I spotted both lefty and righty versions at Guitar Center this week:
i would take that steve ray vaughan strat much more than the kc jaguar.
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

so would lots of other d-bags.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

stewart wrote:so would lots of other d-bags.
maybe. so people who like strats are d-bags?
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

xD

naw i'll be nice and say it's personal preference, if you like stevie, and you like strats, you just like 'different' stuff ..different lol ahohummm..

anyway let's not derail about strats or vaughn in mah thrads about a guitar i fucking ended up loving more than i even expected.

see what i did there
about a guitar
about a guitar

anyway, it's encouraged me to play as much as i used to when i first started out, feel like 16 always randomly picking up this guitar
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Yep. I like diffrent stuff. Steve was a great player and i wanted his signature guitar for long but it is to expensive.

Anyway im not gonna talk dirt about the jaguar. Glad for you that you found a great guitar.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

Played a KC jag through a reissue twin reverb at GC the other day and fucking luved it. Kim's right, it can actually sound like a surf guitar one minute and then have some fucking BEEF toanz the next! The three knob set up felt really fucking cramped to me and I still didn't understand the rhythm circuit but I think that's all due to me not getting a chance to get used to it. Anyway the thing kicked all kinds of ass.

Also, this is the first guitar I ever played with a super distortion. I played the twin at 2 with that guitar and then tried out some other shits and had to raise the volume to 4 to get the same output from anything else.
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

uh, yeah. a super distortion in the bridge is one of the most magnificent tones ever.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

all these years i've been missing out...
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

the super distortion in the bridge is my fav too, heck i could tape the toggle switch to just that *winkwink* but i like some variation. just the bridge one is the winner in this thing. for clean, driven, distorted, fuzzed, works great for all types of sounds.

happy you liked it bill :P
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

i want to try the rail version of the super distortion in a tele bridge. i have a feeling i WOULD LIEK
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

dewityouwont !!
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

I have the dimarzio super distortion humbucker lying around. I havent decided what guitar im gonna put it in. But im gonna use it for sure with all the good talking about it. I dont think a rail bucker in single coil format has the same power as a full.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

Pretty jealous, kim. That Jaguar is the reason I like Fender's offset guitars, and definitely the reason I own a Jaguar (and the reason it is sunburst).
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"