THICK plectrums (everyone loves a tedious plectrum thread)

Pickups, pedals, amps, cabs, combos

Moderated By: mods

kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

1.14 GLOW IN THE DARK dunlop nylons. nuff said.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I love these pick threads 8)

I dug out some ultex jazz iii's that I used to love and I really like the material - but not the shape. So I'll be ordering some Clayton Ultem teardrop picks very soon (they look promising).
UlricvonCatalyst

Post by UlricvonCatalyst »

Sharkfins. Too classy to bother putting the thickness on their plectra - leave that to your Dunlops etc. I used to favour the reds but have lately switched up to whites, so trending heavywards. I use a purple one for the bass (having lost my trusty clear Dunlop at my last bass-playing gig). I had a bandmate who used to use the green sharkfins, with the result that his guitars were always spattered with his blood. Rock'n'roll....phew!
George

Post by George »

Bumping as I just found one of these under my desk.

Not a thick plectrum but unbelievably great sounding. Very stiff and bright, and the ultex material lasts forever too. I've moaned about these before because when you drop them on the floor they literally disappear but the tone and feel is that good. Just dropped on a multi pack. I think Stewart of BI fame uses them too. Get some.
Chorlton

Post by Chorlton »

Whichever one i have left as no matter how many I buy, they just seem to vaqnish. Im with Greensharkfin at the moment which has miraculously resurfaced after a disappearance of a year or so.