New Squiers

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

I haven't read up too much on the subject, but I'm guessing a tiny shim + either the extra Mustang bridge or Compton Compensated I have would suffice. I guess.
westtexasred
Shortscale Cultural Minister

Post by westtexasred »

When are they gonna bring back the Series 24?

aen
Turdscreamer

Post by aen »

NickS wrote:But, Andi, don't they say the stock Squier Bass VI bridge needs to be replaced?
Holy hell, it really does.
High quality, low popularity Ecstatic Fury
benecol
Best Poster 2010

Post by benecol »

aen wrote:
NickS wrote:But, Andi, don't they say the stock Squier Bass VI bridge needs to be replaced?
Holy hell, it really does.
QFT.
paul_

Post by paul_ »

westtexasred wrote:When are they gonna bring back the Series 24?

Probably never because that was just them using up old DeArmond-branded import guitar stock after Fender acquired Guild.

Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
StevePirates

Post by StevePirates »

I am actually so very happy that someone explained to me what the hell Series 24 was about. That's always bothered me.
Hell is other people.
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

how much is that mustang in real money ? not that island coconut bartering system you guys have
dots wrote:incesticide
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

I converted it through Google and it says about $140
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
paul_

Post by paul_ »

robroe wrote:coconut bartering system
:lol:
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Well, thinking about it, features wise it's not much different than a similarly spec'd Bullet strat, which sell anywhere from $120-150, it's not that crazy of a price. Just a more fun shape and scale length.
gusman2x

Post by gusman2x »

robroe wrote:not that island coconut bartering system you guys have
I'll have you know, they only batter coconuts in Scotland, where they also batter mars bars, pizzas, and your mum's underpants.
www.lowrisemusic.com

uugh, another Manchester alt/indie band
dezb1
The Oppressor

Post by dezb1 »

gusman2x wrote:
robroe wrote:not that island coconut bartering system you guys have
I'll have you know, they only batter coconuts in Scotland, where they also batter mars bars, pizzas, and your mum's underpants.
These don't need no more batter...
XY
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

I've decided I'm gonna get one of these Bullet Mustangs. I've never owned a 'Tang and I've wanted one for years, but my negative experiences with a Jaguar a few years ago have pretty much put me off any guitars with wacky bridge/tremolo setups. I've almost exclusively played SGs for the past two or three years. So a HH hardtail Mustang suits me down to the ground. Haven't bought a new guitar in aaggeess so it'll be nice to treat myself, although I'm trying to adopt a one-in/one-out policy so something will probably have to go (keep an eye on those classifieds for a sweet deal on some Freddy m@j@).
BearBoy

Post by BearBoy »

Some moar pics of all of the colours:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

They don't appear to be up on Fender's website as yet but Thomann, Andertons etc seem to have most of them in stock already.

Wish they hadn't removed the binding and gone with black hardware on the baritone. Would have been interested in one of those in a nicer (for me) colour.
Fran wrote:I love how this place is basic as fuck.
ekwatts wrote:I'm just going to smash it in with a hammer and hope it works. Tone is all in the fingers anyway.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

I'm taking a close look at those mustangs and already I noticed some fuck shit. the black mustang has three screw pickup mounts, the blue one has two, and the strap button placement on the black mustang's upper horn is fucking WONKY
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

loooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll
dots wrote:incesticide
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

Yeah I think they take these early photos of preproduction models.

Seeing this cycle of nerding out over new squier budgets so many times I'd be curious to know what percentage of these beginner guitars are sold to actual beginners as opposed to being ome more extra guitar in a different shape and color for working musicians and hobbyist/collectors on a budget.
George

Post by George »

Just a really bad shop to rush something out for press and marketing, in that example. The model was probably still being made in the factory at the time they needed a picture.

The two mounting screws on the humbuckers are for WRHBs, so likely a shopped Pawn Shop Mustang pickguard (and possibly body, changed to black) with other horrible bodges.

Looks like shit lol.
sunshiner

Post by sunshiner »

Nick wrote:Seeing this cycle of nerding out over new squier budgets so many times I'd be curious to know what percentage of these beginner guitars are sold to actual beginners as opposed to being ome more extra guitar in a different shape and color for working musicians and hobbyist/collectors on a budget.
Competition is crazy nowadays. The rules of the game is changing. Chinese guitar manufacturers in general are a little bit slow at getting what tempted guitarists like at the moment. These days though I think they are starting to realise that people are fed up with LPs, Strats and Teles. And if the manufacturers decide that people want more of precise copies of Stangs, Jags, Jazzmasters and Duo Sonics, they will immediately start to produce many thousands of them. With these new Squiers Fender is trying not to lose the market rather than just targeting beginner guitarists imo
matte30is wrote:Someone man up and get a balloon.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

Post by ultratwin »

A NAMM show worker (probably money-greedy Freeman Co., methinks) just posted these Fendering pics among a dozen. Lotsa going on beyond aforementioned Squiers, take a gander...