First guitars

Talk about all other types of guitars. Jazzmasters and basses go here!

Moderated By: mods

lorez

Post by lorez »

this was my first pedal

plopswagon wrote:I like teles and strats because they're made out of guitar.
robroe wrote:I dont need a capo. I have the other chords in my tonefingers
rich

Post by rich »

and then this

wish i still had the navigator. that thing was sick. it had some crazy active bridge pickup switch that was crazy as fuck.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

Post by Nick »

lorez wrote:this was my first pedal

I had one of those! Actually straight traded a USA Big Muff (wood box) for one which was incredibly stupid but at the time I thought the DOD sounded exactly like it plus it fit on my board.
Billy3000

Post by Billy3000 »

My first pedal:

I loved it, used it through my fender frontman and got a decent sound, used it through my fender princeton 112 plus (90's model solid state piece of crap), and then gave it to my brother when I got a Peavey bandit. I think he still has it. I also gave him my first Yamaha acoustic guitar, when I got an Alvarez. He still has that guitar and I still love to play it!
Josh
The Curmudgeon

Post by Josh »

My first guitar was a shitty indonesian squier strat that was dark blue. neck was supersuper small, still have the body and stuff. might put a neck on it and get it working again. after that was a decent epiphone les paul that i trashed.

pretty happy with the guitars i have now, wouldn't get rid of em' ever.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

My first guitar was a silvertone classical. i loved it. still have it, but the intonation is fucked.
my first electric was a peavey t-15. it took me awhile to get used to strings on an electric after having played only classical, but it was a blast.
It was only 125$ brand new with the nifty hardshell case
the only problem with these guitars is their bridge.
mine eventually got stolen from a house party my then-band played. =[

it's me and my t15 in the top left corner of this pic

plopswagon wrote: Drunk and disorderly conduct is the cradle of democracy.
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

my first amp was a 20 watt Dean Markley which was pretty great for a small solid state, actually
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

[hr]Image[hr]

I had a crapy encore bass before this, and there was an even worse 355 copy in the house that I first played, but this is one that was mine. I've played the hell out it over the years, I certainly played more gigs with it than any of my nicer guitars, by the time I could afford nice gear I stopped being able to keep a band going for longer than 5 minutes.
obscure pop culture reference
BillClay

Post by BillClay »

[quote="rich"]Image

This was me.
cobascis

Post by cobascis »

Jasmine NEX 100$ acoustic

Epiphone Dot was first electric (sold)
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest

Post by Bacchus »

I had a dream about my first guitar the other night. I dreamt that someone had one the exact same and let me ply it, and I thought I must play my own one more instead of neglecting it, but it's on the other side of the world.

It's one of these:

As soon as I get back, I'm putting a set of these in it:

pumpkin wrote:
benecol wrote:Great idea for a thread; my first was a red Marlin Sidewinder strat copy. I think strats are dreadful as first guitars, since while they look like the ubiquitous electric guitar, their sound (at least through a Gorilla amp) is far from what n00bs expect an electric guitar to sound like. Plus setting up a strat trem is a bit of a skill in itself, one far beyong this pre-internet n00b. Anyhow, I used to crank the pickups up as close as I could to the strings. The world of toanz was a mystery to me until I got my first distortion pedal...

They got one of these at a pawnshop around the corner for €50... was thinking about buying it... what is the body made of?
I bought one for fifteen quid about six years ago. I think the bodies are made of pink wafers.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

Post by Freddy V-C »

My first ever guitar was one of these, although this isn't mine. I sold it to one of my sister's friends for £10 a few years ago. I'm not entirely sure why I did that, the thought of parting with any of my other guitars fills me with dread. I had originally wanted to learn bass, but they only taught classical guitar at my school.

First bass, complete with period-correct picture. It's a Tanglewood Rebel 4k which I still have, it plays pretty well but I'm really not a fan of how it looks. Another bass might be my next guitar purchase...

My first electric was a Squier Affinity Telecaster. Not a period correct photograph, unfortunately, but you can see it in all its modern destroyed glory.

Ankhanu

Post by Ankhanu »

Still have my first bass and guitar... more or less.

Got my bass back in '95 or '96, a Profile P-bass copy. I don't have any pics of it with it's original neck, which was a standard maple with black dots, Fendery headstock, but here it is with its Yamaha fretless neck, along with my first guitar, which came about 8 years later, a Godin Exit 22 (and my second bass, a Yamaha BBN5).

ekwatts wrote:That's American cinema, that is. Fucking sparkles.
Donate to Ankhanu Press
Kurbis

Post by Kurbis »

I saved up for 8 months and I bought this.
► Show Spoiler
CIJ 65' (pretty sure, no contour) Mustang.

And my first pedal was an NYC Big Muff.

I knew what I wanted.
iglue

Post by iglue »

My first guitar was a cheap strat copy with a body made of compressed cardboard and a neck made of popsicle sticks. It was about 80usd with an amp. Regardless of how shit it was I still used it and gigged for about 5 years until I could afford something better.

I still have it too. Covered in stickers and dried sweat and semen particles.
Joey

Post by Joey »

My first bass was a Yamaha. I smashed it last night, the cops weren't so amused
George

Post by George »

iglue wrote:My first guitar was a cheap strat copy with a body made of compressed cardboard and a neck made of popsicle sticks. It was about 80usd with an amp. Regardless of how shit it was I still used it and gigged for about 5 years until I could afford something better.

AaronGuitarDude, is that you?
iglue

Post by iglue »

George wrote:
iglue wrote:My first guitar was a cheap strat copy with a body made of compressed cardboard and a neck made of popsicle sticks. It was about 80usd with an amp. Regardless of how shit it was I still used it and gigged for about 5 years until I could afford something better.

AaronGuitarDude, is that you?
Hello and no :)
Doog
mid-century modem

Post by Doog »

Freddy V-C wrote:Image
BLESS!
gaybear
Inventor of the Blues

Post by gaybear »

better pictures of the T-15
no, i didn't wear the tie for the show. i had just gotten off work