fake relic'd copy of that guitar of that guy

The original shortscale guitars; Mustangs, Duo-Sonics, Musicmasters, Jaguars, Broncos, Jag-stang, Jagmaster, Super-Sonic, Cyclone, and Toronados.

Moderated By: mods

hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

Post by hotrodperlmutter »

paul_ wrote:(and the reason it is sunburst).
LOL WUT

THE REASON IT IS SUNBURST IS BECAUSE THEY PAINTED TRANS YALLOW FIRST, THEN SOME RAD, THEN SOME BLECK. DUMMY.
dots wrote:fuck that guy in his bunkhole.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

i think jags and jazzies are by far the only guitars that can pull off sunburst and look hot. i'm not really a fan of sunburst on other guitars but something about the offset shape and chrome makes it work on them. i think it also works on jazz basses, but not precision so must be the offset bodies. just personal preference i guess.
i like tobacco burst on some guitars like matons though, or sg's..but not so great. my hondoII sg type is a sort of real ugly red sunburst but it looks tacky anyway so i like it for that. it's my scumbag guitar that i could never part with, something about it.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

the wood grain there's a pretty distinct line on mine on the top above the bridge, funny
all the stock pics they are like perfect parallel grain..lies, liiieees !
BoringPostcards

Post by BoringPostcards »

kim wrote:i think jags and jazzies are by far the only guitars that can pull off sunburst and look hot. i'm not really a fan of sunburst on other guitars but something about the offset shape and chrome makes it work on them. i think it also works on jazz basses, but not precision so must be the offset bodies. just personal preference i guess.
I agree with this 100%.
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen
Mages
súper crujiente

Post by Mages »

sunburst pretty much always looks good as long as:

a.) the top isn't flamed, burled, or whatever
b.) it isn't a strat.

in pretty much any other case it's fine.
cogito ergo sum...thing or other...
Clam Slam

Post by Clam Slam »

I think two-tone (NOT 3 tone) can look nice on a old strat. None of this bullseye bullshit
crumpler

Post by crumpler »

kim, nice clips of the jag - thanks for poasting these, i guess.

i'd gotten over my initial lust for this fucking guitar last fall/winter, and you have allowed those those thoughts to burrow back into my head like summer ticks.
so thanks, and FUCK!

and i can't believe the haet for sunbursted stratomacasters....

tell me you think this is shite.

LANK to that fucking strat on eBay. It's not mine, but i fucking want it.
matching sunburst headstock WUT!?!
robroe
Bon Jovi Fan Club!!1

Post by robroe »

take your fancy pants strat bridge cover and put it on my soap sonic. then try and say anything about the strat and you sound silly

dots wrote:incesticide
crumpler

Post by crumpler »

robroe wrote:take your fancy pants strat bridge cover and put it on my soap sonic. then try and say anything about the strat and you sound silly

the souper sonic looks tits, for sure.

but i still can't believe 100% hate for sunbursted strats....

the strat in mah pic above isn't mine - but i'd like it.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

eeheeee crumpler, sorry for making you lust after it again, will i succeed in mah evil ?

don't wanna argue about sunburst or strats what looks good or not, if everyone liked the same thing what boring fucking shit would it all be. or whatever. this is mah kurdtz jag loev thread. :P

crumpler

Post by crumpler »

kim wrote:eeheeee crumpler, sorry for making you lust after it again, will i succeed in mah evil ?

don't wanna argue about sunburst or strats what looks good or not, if everyone liked the same thing what boring fucking shit would it all be. or whatever. this is mah kurdtz jag loev thread. :P

back on track.
i'd completely finished pondering teh kurdytz jag and was onto lusting over the mustang.
one thread and BAM.

i really don't want to go to goddamned guitar center and play one right after the other.
play nevermind straight thru
be like, "Got any Krist Novaselic basses??"
dkoor

Post by dkoor »

Mages wrote:sunburst pretty much always looks good as long as:

a.) the top isn't flamed, burled, or whatever
b.) it isn't a strat.

in pretty much any other case it's fine.
I agree... I have this poly'd strat:

...don't dig the color but dig the strat to the bone 8) .

And also to avoid complete spamming I'll just add that Kurt's Jag is actually prettier than I thought it would be I even dig the headstock to some extent (I completely disliked that strat-like head when they announced guitar).
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

crumpler wrote:

i really don't want to go to goddamned guitar center and play one right after the other.

lols

why not ? be shameless !
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

dkoor wrote:

And also to avoid complete spamming I'll just add that Kurt's Jag is actually prettier than I thought it would be I even dig the headstock to some extent (I completely disliked that strat-like head when they announced guitar).

indeed..me too, actually. BUT, it's not about that, or the relic job (the back is just hilarious) but the neck and pickup config plus offset and lefty.
the headstock..seeing it sit there with my mustang with big headstock i imagine the big headstock on it, the mustang only has 'fender' on it too since it's lefty, the jag has more shit on the headstock and two string trees and crap..it's contradictory..but the feel and sound of it works for me, so i'll take its narrow headstock and heavy tuners and string trees. i wonder if it'll get response if i use it for a gig, i hope not, hope its sound will shut people the fuck up from saying anything.
Hurb
Peanut the Kidnapper

Post by Hurb »

I like sunburst !

Such a great guitar Kim!!! Jazzy sweater too! :lol:
crumpler

Post by crumpler »

kim wrote:
crumpler wrote:

lols

why not ? be shameless !
lulz endless shameless.
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

thx hurbet

my joints are cringing with this cold humid weather, but fuck it, i'm sticking with 2hrs guitar a day !
kim
[='±'=]

Post by kim »

earlier today i scanned the kurdtz booklet, and put the link in the first post, if anyone is interested in seeing the pictures and fender propagandi in the booklet, download the pdf, it's about 20mb, 32pages. :)
avj
A Select Individual

Post by avj »

Awesome demos, Kim! Is that a 4x10 bass cab with the Rocker 30?

EDIT: Crap, I missed the obvious text at the beginning of the video. The cab sounds awesome, and I just received an AD30 today and had a bit of play time at lunch to run home and try it with an Acoustic 4x10 bass cab. It was also great.
Pens
less dickface

Post by Pens »

Hurb wrote:I managed to read that Kurts tech is now making guitars

http://wireinstruments.com/index.html

Really ugly ones!
WAT.

That's not fucking ugly. I actually like his designs, the headstock is gash though.
euan wrote: I'm running in monoscope right now. I can't read multiple dimensions of meta right now