REVISITED! Kurts poorly modified mustang build

Painting? Routing? Set-up tips? Or just straight-up making a guitar from scratch? Post here, and post pics!

Moderated By: mods

Dave
TOTALLY MODD

Post by Dave »

In that case GO BACK 2 DRUMSCALE ;) jest keeding! I barely qualify as a mucisian in any capacity and, likewise, I prefer fucking about with the tech stuff I guess.

Keep up the good work, I think you've got a great eye for cool ideas.
iCEByTes wrote:5 Most Jizz face maker Solo�s , classic Rock music i ever listened.
iCEByTes wrote:Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
laterallateral
Traynor or Death

Post by laterallateral »

While I don't share his sense of aesthetics at all and though I did rolleyes pretty hard at his attempt at ANOTHER teh krutz, I think he should do whatever the fuck he likes 100% of the time with his projects and should tell me to fuck my face super hard, if I ever intruded on one of his threads with my haughty comments.
luciguci

Post by luciguci »

At least it's not the same old "Mustang w/ bridge hum" or "double hum Jag" type of Kurt replica. You don't see many people with obscure Kurt replicas. This particular guitar isn't my type of thing, but it looks pretty cool. And I love seeing the designs Punk comes up with sometimes, like the Mosrite-stang, or the improved Jagstangs.

Also, weeping_moon is a dick now and forever. Whenever weeping_moon shows up, universe cries. There is no way someone can be consistently bitchy like w_m is through a language barrier; his shit is sincere douchebaggery.
Doog wrote:Tone is stored in the balls
theshadowofseattle wrote:That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍🌈 (she/they)
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO

Post by theshadowofseattle »

I always thought that Kurtstang was just a righty Mustang that got all of the righty routes filled and got redone lefty. Bronco or whatever it originally was doesn't matter at that point, does it?
Fakir Mustache wrote:Classic Shad Deluxe.
Nick wrote:Some of Shad's favorite Teles are black.
markarkark

Post by markarkark »

theshadowofseattle wrote:I always thought that Kurtstang was just a righty Mustang that got all of the righty routes filled and got redone lefty. Bronco or whatever it originally was doesn't matter at that point, does it?
Unless it was routed out of the back wouldn't that make it upside down?
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

markarkark wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:I always thought that Kurtstang was just a righty Mustang that got all of the righty routes filled and got redone lefty. Bronco or whatever it originally was doesn't matter at that point, does it?
Unless it was routed out of the back wouldn't that make it upside down?
I'm pretty much more then positive it wasn't a righty. That a LOT of work to convert but hey who knows. Back then they recycled everything.
Congratulations! Your Punkacc9 evolved into Awstin.
Leather Jacket

Post by Leather Jacket »

I think the concept mockups look great. Really love the idea of a one pickup Fender shortscale without a pickguard or control plate. Definitely interested to see where this goes.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

It has begun but I still have no clue where it's going :O

Untitled by punkacc9, on Flickr
spirograph

Post by spirograph »

(deleted)
Last edited by spirograph on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
if i cant smoke and swear, im fu**ed
paul_

Post by paul_ »

weeping_moon wrote:Yep. But something about you says to me Kurt fanboy. No worries there i used to be the same, until i grew up.
I read you got now at least 7 or 8 guitars maybe more. How about do a riff or solo and record a great song and use guitars instead of making and selling them?
I find this sentiment very odd coming from a guy who switched over from Nirvana to the Pumpkins like 3 years ago and owns a few DiMarzio'd Mustangs and a Corgan-approved Strat, though still expressed interest in the KC signature Mustang that came out like a year and a half ago. Is this what you meant by "grew up"?
Aug wrote:which one of you bastards sent me an ebay question asking if you can get teh kurdtz with that 64 mustang? :x
robertOG wrote:fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
stewart
Cunning Linguist

Post by stewart »

Ah, the memories...
timhulio wrote:It's a white strat with hotrails. It's pretty fuckin similar. If you buy it you're a BC fanboy who'd like to lick his bald dome.
cur

Post by cur »

I would make the guitar just like it is in the picture where the guy is wearing the dress. That's what I would do.

mkt3000

Post by mkt3000 »

cur wrote:I would make the guitar just like it is in the picture where the guy is wearing the dress. That's what I would do.
And make sure to wear a dress every time you play it
10 PRINT "Bite Me!"
20 GOTO 10
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

paul_ wrote:
weeping_moon wrote:Yep. But something about you says to me Kurt fanboy. No worries there i used to be the same, until i grew up.
I read you got now at least 7 or 8 guitars maybe more. How about do a riff or solo and record a great song and use guitars instead of making and selling them?
I find this sentiment very odd coming from a guy who switched over from Nirvana to the Pumpkins like 3 years ago and owns a few DiMarzio'd Mustangs and a Corgan-approved Strat, though still expressed interest in the KC signature Mustang that came out like a year and a half ago. Is this what you meant by "grew up"?
Is it forbidden to have other thoughts than you? It seems so.
No i dont have anything against billy corgan or the smashing pumpkins.
And nothing wrong with dimarzio pickups, i use them for heavy solos.

And for that matter when i was writing down my comment i didnt see i was in the guitar project forum.

I still think its a ugly guitar.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

daftsupernova wrote:At least it's not the same old "Mustang w/ bridge hum" or "double hum Jag" type of Kurt replica. You don't see many people with obscure Kurt replicas. This particular guitar isn't my type of thing, but it looks pretty cool. And I love seeing the designs Punk comes up with sometimes, like the Mosrite-stang, or the improved Jagstangs.

Also, weeping_moon is a dick now and forever. Whenever weeping_moon shows up, universe cries. There is no way someone can be consistently bitchy like w_m is through a language barrier; his shit is sincere douchebaggery.
Well you did take it hard. Makes me put a smile on.
Hate people because they dont think exactly like you.
weeping_moon

Post by weeping_moon »

Well punkacc9 good luck with your project.
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

Going with this one. Might throw a half guard on it eventually :D just gotta wait on the serviceman vibrato to see if its quality. If not then ill sell it and get a nice hard tail. I already have one dibbs on it but if they back out ill post it in the classifieds.

Poor Stang by punkacc9, on Flickr
moore65

Post by moore65 »

Where did you get the Mustang body? Or did you make it yourself? I've been thinking about doing some sort of reverse body Mustang build for a while now.
Bronco Bass
Squier Strat w/Hot Rails,
flea market nylon classical,
Ibanez bass w/Quarter Pounder X 2
Union Jack DC Epiphone LP
Awstin

Post by Awstin »

moore65 wrote:Where did you get the Mustang body? Or did you make it yourself? I've been thinking about doing some sort of reverse body Mustang build for a while now.
Richard Olliver or "Cooterfinger" on here. And cool I just came up with a mosrite style mustang with a reverse body but modified to reach the upper frets. I can post a picture of the shape alone if you would like.
Rushkoff

Post by Rushkoff »

Punkacc9 wrote:Going with this one. Might throw a half guard on it eventually :D just gotta wait on the serviceman vibrato to see if its quality. If not then ill sell it and get a nice hard tail. I already have one dibbs on it but if they back out ill post it in the classifieds.

Poor Stang by punkacc9, on Flickr
Definitely the best option IMO :D